BVS Southwest (BEVOB) meet in Bristol

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
aminorjourney

BVS Southwest (BEVOB) meet in Bristol

Postby aminorjourney » Thu May 24, 2007 3:31 pm

Hi everyone,

Here are the details of the latest BEVOB meet. It will be on Sunday, June 3rd at 10am (Sorry - early for all those people who like to go to bed late!). It's going to be at a new venue of John Lewis, Cribbs Causeway, BS34 5DG. There are two charging bays at Cribbs in Underground Carpark K for those who need them, so bring your EV along!

You can find a map on finding the Mall on the mall here: http://www.mallcribbs.com/getting_here.php#local

We start at 10am by meeting outside the Partner Entrance to John Lewis on the North side of the mall. (Head up the stairs next to the charging bays to find this). With any luck we'll get let in the back door to John Lewis just after 10am and we shall have exclusive use of the Conservatory in their cafe. As the mall doesn't officially open until 11am on a Sunday you may find if you arrive late there is no-one there. Don't panic! Call me (nikki) on 07901 553308 and I'll make sure someone comes to find you and let you in.

At 12pm when the meeting finishes those who wish can stay on and join the BEVOB crew for a Sunday Calvary Lunch. The food is excellent so I can highly recommend staying for a bite after the meet!

Nikki.

anachrocomputer

Postby anachrocomputer » Thu May 24, 2007 9:25 pm

I hope to be there in the Mini-El! If the light's good, maybe we could shoot some video, too? I think it'd be good if people can hear the cars as well as see them -- well, hear how quiet they are, anyway!

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Thu May 24, 2007 9:26 pm

Good idea. In fact, you have already shot some video of me driving mine. Fancy putting a link up?

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu May 24, 2007 9:27 pm

anachrocomputer wrote: If the light's good, maybe we could shoot some video, too? I think it'd be good if people can hear the cars as well as see them -- well, hear how quiet they are, anyway!

I was going to say " hear " an EV surely thats a miss quote :lol:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

anachrocomputer

Postby anachrocomputer » Thu May 24, 2007 10:28 pm

Thanks for reminding me! The video of the City-El is on YouTube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOq7mVkys4I

It's only 14 seconds long! You'll need a browser with Flash installed and
JavaScript enabled.

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Sat May 26, 2007 8:13 pm

Excellent. Does anyone from the BEVOB group remember what the subject of the talk is this month?

Nikki.

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:21 am

So - Who is coming on Sunday. Do we have any more interlopers coming along from other areas? Chris? Anyone else???

PM me if you want my mobile in case you get lost etc!

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:17 am

I am trying to get my mind and my wallet round the trip :oops:

Also need to persuade the other half to lend me a a half decent motor rather than daisey diesel that I came to the AGM in :oops:

Cant say 100% for sure but would like to if only to see a El upclose and in real life.

ChrisB

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:37 am

Excellent. Well, what is the total mileage from there to here? Do we know anyone half way who could charge you overnight for instance?
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:07 pm

Nah not an option I'm afraid , we're talking silly milages upwards of 130+ even in find the shortest route option we're talking 106miles :shock: . No way I can take the time out for the trip to last all weekend :lol:

Thats always the failing sadly of EV's , maybe when I've bought some Li-ions for the blingo I'll be able to do that sort of run :wink:

ChrisB

Return to “Events”