North-West Drive Electric Day Event - Sat 4th Oct - Regional

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

North-West Drive Electric Day Event - Sat 4th Oct - Regional

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:29 pm

As you may have seen mentioned elsewhere, or heard about at our last event, we are planning to get out on the road this Saturday in our electric vehicles, and we are inviting everyone locally (and across the country) to join in.

You can join in by coming to our event and driving out with us, or giving us moral support. Or you can join in wherever you are by just driving round the block at 11.30am wherever you happen to live!

Details of the north-west event can be found here:

http://www.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk ... ess/?p=451

Do please email me if you want to reserve a charging point at the pub, so I can make sure that we have enough.

An email or comment here to let me know you are coming, whether or not you want a charging point, would also be useful.

See also:
www.DriveElectricDay.org
It would be great if people could post to the community there to say what and where they will be driving. We are starting small, but are hoping this will be an annual event that grows each year!

See you Saturday,

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

North-West Members Freebie!

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:21 pm

Any members who will be in Manchester town centre this Saturday will be pleased to read the following, which I received in an email from one of my contacts at the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry.

Hi Mary,

We've put a little mention on the MOSI website that it's Drive Electric Day on Saturday.
And people who drive their electric vehicle to the museum can park free.
When I sign up to livejournal, I'll post to say about the free parking at the museum.

Best wishes,
Cat

She is also trying to organise free charging-up points for people parking there, but no promises on that one yet as that won't be possible if their train is running.

But yay! Free parking means zero cost to go to the museum for any electric vehicles in the area on Saturday!

And Drive Electric Day gets a mention on the front page of their website!
http://www.msim.org.uk/

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

Return to “Events”