EV Racing

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
electrabishi

EV Racing

Postby electrabishi » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:43 pm

Hello all, newbie here to your list. My name is Mike Willmon and I wanted to forward you a link to an EVent some of you may be able to attend.
http://www.aeracing.org/index.html

I am currently the President of the National Electric Drag Racing Association http://www.nedra.com/
While we are based in the US our membership is open to all and we do have members in other parts of the world.

I have just initiated contact with the folks putting on the AE Racing 2009 mentioned above in hopes that I may be able to help drive more racing EV's to their EVent. I am also hoping that we may be able to post records to our NEDRA page from our EV brethren across the pond.

I am attaching my initial post to the AE Racing folks here. If any of you are so inclined to join as a NEDRA member maybe your times turned in at AE Racing 2009 could be posted as "NEDRA World Records". As you peruse our records page http://www.nedra.com/record_holders.html please note that we have classifications for Street Production (SP) vehicles with many records needing to be filled.

Here is my post to AE Racing:

Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2009 12:01 PM
To: electrabishi@ak.net
Subject: FW: Drag Racing in England

Hello, my name is Mike Willmon and I am the President of the National Electric Drag Racing Association. We are based in the US but have members all over the world. We are currently tracking records for electric vehicles and I would invite you to peruse our records page at www.nedra.com .
I came across your advertisement for your Alternative Energy Racing 2009. I would like to join your e-mail list and discuss with your readers the prospects of electrics. I see you had a couple electrics last year and I'd like to submit to you that there are electrics that can take all of the times you recorded last year. We at NEDRA are all about clean racing and strive to open people eyes to alternatives which reduce our dependence on oil, foreign or otherwise.
I am hoping to drive some of our members to your site in hopes that more of them may participate in your April 24th EVent.
If you wouldn't mind I would like to place a link to your EVent on our website and wondered if you wouldn't mind posting a link to our site in your literature.
As I mentioned earlier anyone can be a NEDRA member. If any of your electric participants are interested in posting their times as a “NEDRA World Recordâ€Â

PHEV

Postby PHEV » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:31 pm

Looks interesting, I'll try to be there with some electric motorbikes....a good chance to test the TT entry's!

Steve

www.jozzbikes.co.uk
*Mazda MX-5, 300KW peak, 300v 20KW/h lipo pack, Soliton 1000A controller. 1100KG.
*Ducati SS twin Agni 80HP peak.
*Aprilia RS motorcycle, 500A controller, Cedric's AgniMotor, 96v 6kw/h LiPo pack, 130kg, 90mph.
www.jozztek.com

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:14 am

Might see, if we get something finished in time, about taking something too

Return to “Events”