EVS Viking Rally 2009

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
electricheads

EVS Viking Rally 2009

Postby electricheads » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:08 am

EVS Viking Rally 2009

In conjunction with the 24th Electric, Fuel Cell and Hybrid Vehicle Symposium and Exhibition, we are proud to invite you to participate in the EVS Viking Rally, a race for battery electric, plug-in hybrid and hydrogen vehicles. Taking place amongst some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world this May, teams will be will participating in this prestigious event.

For more details about the event and to register go to http://www.vikingrally.no

or contact me, Brett, here or on electricheads@googlemail.com

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:11 pm

Hi

Must admit the entrance fee seems to be a bit of a turn off @ £100 or £1000 non sponsored :cry:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

electricheads

Postby electricheads » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:30 pm

The entrance fee, we have attempted to keep as low as possible. Its just question of covering overheads. Its a great event and it would be fantastic to see as many people as possible.

EVan

Postby EVan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:20 pm

Hey Brett, thanks for the invite. I already looked into this, but unfortunately the ferry from UK to Stavanger was permanently cancelled just at the end of 2008. So, there's no sensible way to take a battery EV there.

I will go by hybrid (not plug in!)

electricheads

Postby electricheads » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:26 pm

@EVan

I am looking into how best this could be overcome. I'm asking my Norwegian colleagues about this issue and I'll keep you posted with their response.

However the start is at Oslo. Looking at routes
http://www.seat61.com/Norway.htm

Is there nothing on the route plan that would be suitable

What vehicle are you thinking of?

Best,

Brett

Return to “Events”