North : 21nd-23rd August 2009 - Anglesey At Home Weekend

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
arsharpe

North : 21nd-23rd August 2009 - Anglesey At Home Weekend

Postby arsharpe » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:40 am

"Tyn Lon",
Trefdraeth
Bodorgan,
Anglesey
LL62 5EU

Frank Wykes' At home from 12 noon, Friday, 21st August till 6pm, Sunday, 23rd August 2009.

First come first served if you want a bed for the night, otherwise there is room for camping & barbecue, or sleeping in your vehicle parked on the drive, etc.

The main theme of the weekend will be Solar Energy Demonstrations - weather willing.
There will also be a Sale of various EV components such as Nicad batteries, switch gear, tyres, wheels, small motors, etc.
It is hoped to give a demonstration of a few EVs on the Anglesey Racing Circuit, courtesy of the Derby Phoenix Motor Cycle Club, on Saturday, 22nd August.

For more details contact Frank Wykes on 01455 290499 or 0788 0747180, or write to above address or

44 Heath Rd,
Market Bosworth,
Nuneaton
CV13 0NX

Look forward to meeting you all again.

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:48 am

Is anyone going to this that would like to car share ?
I am happy to take my Prius (60 mpg on motorway) and share the driving from any suitable join up point along the route or suitable alternative.

Given I will be unlikely to be able to do all the driving myself, I would appreciate sharing it if possible.

Otherwise, given the train costs or the long drive I will probably not be able to go.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:35 am

arsharpe wrote:Given I will be unlikely to be able to do all the driving myself, I would appreciate sharing it if possible.

Make sure your insurance is one that allows others to drive your vehicle Rob :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:19 pm

Apologies and please ignore if you are not going to this event.

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control the originally planned
"... demonstration of a few EVs on the Anglesey Racing Circuit, courtesy of the Derby Phoenix Motor Cycle Club, on Saturday, 22nd August. "
detailed in latest BVR has now been brought forward to (tomorrow) Friday 21 Aug night between 5-7pm

For more details contact Frank Wykes on 0788 0747180.

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:35 am

A good weekend was had by all. Only Frank made it to the track on Friday, in his Skoda Elmo pick-up, but Saturady and Sunday were spent talking about all manner of EV related topics (and some unrelated).

A proper write-up will follow, but the weekend was a success. Same again next year!
Tim Crumpton

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:33 pm

Look forward to the write up and possibley some pics ??

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Events”