August 2007 Hampshire Pageant Of Motoring

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
qdos

August 2007 Hampshire Pageant Of Motoring

Postby qdos » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:19 am

Right well it's now August (eeek where is the year going? It's flashing by since I've been involved with so many BVS events lately) The Bank holiday weekend at the end of the month heralds the South Coast's finest gathering of motor enthusiasts at Romsey on the Sunday and Monday and I've managed to get us some space on one of the stands! :D

So please contact me if you would like to take part. It's a huge event and well worth visiting even if you don't bring your EV with you. However if you bring your EV I can get you into the show on the stand for FREE.

Now there you go there's an offer you can't refuse surely? All thanks to the BVS so if you're not a member then sign up fast and then call me.

The page about the show is here

So form an orderly queue below and let's have a call here from those who are coming .......

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:17 pm

Hi Kelvin,

Are we talking last sunday of the month? Will check my calendar when I get back :)
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

qdos

Postby qdos » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:59 pm

it's the 26th and 27th of August that's the Sunday and the Monday. People who are taking part can arrive and set up on the Saturday if needs be.

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:30 pm

If you would like to bring your EV to the show and get in for FREE then make sure you contact me!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:12 pm

I'll second that the show is really good 8)

I was there last year and its a pretty big event 8)

I'm hoping to get to atleast one of the days kelvin with the blingo :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:16 pm

Would you like me to get you an entry ticket for it then or are you coming in with your other gas guzzlers ticket? ;)

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:25 pm

Will almost certainly need a ticket, but not 100% sure if MrsB will let me out AGAIN :lol:

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:38 am

Right looking at Sunday I think , but Huston we have a problem :roll: is there any onsite power ??

Cos after doing several different routes I aint going to be able to do it in one hit :cry: as its about 35miles each way which puts me just out side my range :roll:

ChrisB

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:08 am

Hi sorry I haven't been on-line till now and it's just turned 1am Friday morning. I was out inspecting a rather sensitive building which kinda glows in the dark if you get my drift.

I don't think we have power on-site as it's basically a field as you know but I'll try and find out if there's any power which can be borrowed. There are BVS members not too far away so perhaps one would like to volunteer they use of a plug? Please let me or Chris know if you can do so.

I'll see what I can find out later on at a more reasonable hour as I don't think even our late night phone calling member here at the BVs would appreciate me ringing at this hour! ;)

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:22 pm

Well after tracking a 3kva genny down and then repairing it I finally tested it late this afternoon ........................but it just wouldnt cut the mustard :cry:

Even though its rated at 3kva AND the fact the blingo is soft start it would start off fine but the voltage droop on the genny was just too much and although it would go to 3Kva the voltage sag meant the output was down to around 190v :( and the bingo wasnt happy with that and would drop out of charge mode and then cut back in again 5 secs later run for 30 secs and then drop out again :roll:

So thats that idea out the window :cry:

ChrisB

Return to “Events”