Central - National Kit Car Show 4th 5th May 2008 - Show/AGM

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
MB

Postby MB » Fri May 02, 2008 11:08 am

I live within spitting distance of Stoneleigh, so no spitting please.

I'm looking forward to meeting a few people over the weekend. I was planning to bring my G-Wiz. Do we have an outside stand where we can come and park our vehicles, or do we all just park in the car park?

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Fri May 02, 2008 11:18 am

MikeBoxwell wrote:I live within spitting distance of Stoneleigh, so no spitting please.

I'm looking forward to meeting a few people over the weekend. I was planning to bring my G-Wiz. Do we have an outside stand where we can come and park our vehicles, or do we all just park in the car park?

We have an outside stand where we are hoping to have a small display of members' vehicles. John Lilly is coordinating this, and his phone number is listed in the recent magazine.

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Sat May 03, 2008 6:25 pm

Hello from Stoneleigh!

From the Stoneleigh Park Lodge in fact.

I just spoke to John Lilly, who is rushing around sorting out the BVS stand etc. Apparently the club stands have been moved indoors, and the BVS stand will be found in the Cattle Sheds at the far end.

It is not listed in the show guide, but rest assured that there will be a BVS stand!

BVS members will also be found hanging around the Scossa stand in Hall one I am told.

Lovely and sunny here. I am in the guest house garden area typing this on my laptop, using the Lodge's wi-fi access, whilst drinking a cold pint of cider obtained from the bar. Perfect! :-)

Look forward to putting some more faces to names tomorrow.

Mary.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat May 03, 2008 7:50 pm

SaintMaryUK wrote:.........the BVS stand will be found in the Cattle Sheds at the far end.

Oh dear that dosnt bode well :cry: did someone pre-warn them :lol:

Otherwise hope you all have a great time and dont forget to grab some pics for us lot who cant be there 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Sat May 03, 2008 8:49 pm

I have come armed with my camera and ready to shoot ;-)

Mary.

booboo

Postby booboo » Sat May 03, 2008 9:45 pm

Due to unforeseen difficulties, I will not be able to attend this - combination of C5alive, work and "man-flu"...I'm wimping out and staying in bed all day :roll:

Hopefully my life will return to something resembling normality over the next few months :wink:
London to Brighton on a Sinclair C5 - 6/5/07 - what a trip !
Ford Explorer 4.0 v6 petrol for everyday abuse - thank God for LPG
Sinclair C5's (Plus "c5alive.co.uk" ) as a hobby

MB

Postby MB » Sun May 04, 2008 7:33 am

I'm just digging out the camera and my coat... I'll be there in a few minutes.

I'll be bringing the G-Wiz, but as I wasn't able to get hold of John Lily yesterday, I'll be leaving it in the car park...

Mike

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Sun May 04, 2008 5:54 pm

Reporting from Stoneleigh:

The event is going well. I manned the BVS stand all morning before heading off to grab some lunch and attend the committee meeting, and the stand was attracting a fair amount of interest.
On display at our stand was the chairman's greenpower entry, Mike's G-wiz, and Deker's electric bicycle. I have met some great people today, and with luck we'll get a few new members joining who took away copies of Plugged In. Also on the stand was John Lilly, and at various points Deker, John Crayton, Neil Baxter and Antoni Offert.

So, a big hello to everyone I have met today, it was fun :-)

After a committee meeting that lasted roughly 3 hours, I am now bck at the lodge on the Stoneleigh site, and ready for a large steak and a pint or several.

Mary.

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue May 06, 2008 7:16 am

Hi guys.

Unfortunately we were kept busy the whole show on our satnd in Hall 2 and were'nt able to get to see much other than mad dashes round the neighbouring stands. We had lots of interest from people wanting to build cars including several manufacturers. There were 3 other electric on display most noatably Stuarts R2 with batteries from LifeBatt and the Jimini using lead acid gels.

There's several others too but I'm affraid I can't really speak about them yet.

I hope folk didn't get too wet in the showers and I hope you got to see all the great cars. There's allways something there for everyone from cars for the kids to Lemans replicas and one or two which even take part too.

It was good to chat with all who said hello and some folk picked up some good information and assistance too. Several items will be forthcomming in future issues of Plugged In which most definately went down well with the visitors to our stand both public and professional alike. for those who missed the show I'll pop some photos I was ab le to snap up in a minute or two.

Our track car chassis which will be fitted with 9" series motor with Ross at the wheel whilst manoevering outside Hall 2
Last edited by qdos on Tue May 06, 2008 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue May 06, 2008 7:32 am

Sounds like you all had a great time 8)

Looking forward to a full report and pics :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Events”