Th!nk Show and tell, Bristol

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
aminorjourney

Th!nk Show and tell, Bristol

Postby aminorjourney » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:36 am

So,

Out of interest (show of hands please) who would be interested in getting the TH!NK City down to Bristol for some time in the spring? I've had a brief chat with one of the UK marketing team and they're interested in bringing it down for us to have a look at.

We could make an event of it? :)

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:16 am

I would be interested is there any chance of making it more centralised ?

Say Swindon so that I can use my Berlingo, etc.

qdos

Postby qdos » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:21 am

What's wrong with Dorchester ???? :wink:

Peter Eggleston

Postby Peter Eggleston » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:36 pm

I am not interested. I want a car that I can buy outright, not lease either the car or the batteries. When will the manufacturers learn.
Similarly what is the point in trialing the Smart electric car with fleet operators whose drivers do not really want them, the same as they did with Enfields 30 years ago and the Berlingo 10 years ago. Just put them on sale so the people who really want them can buy them.
Peter.

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:02 am

Peter

I can understand your thought on the ownership but I'm more than happy to own the car and lease the batteries as th!nk are proposing as it means if I do ever sell the car the value is still high and the performance good!
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:33 am

I'm with Peter on this.

One of the main advantages to me is the low cost of running an electric car. The price of the monthly rental on the batteries immediately rubbishes this entirely for me.

I'm one of those people who pays cash for everything I buy I NEVER get a loan or use higher purchase etc. Basically if I don't have the money in my pocket I can't afford it.

Old fashioned yes maybe but I do know where I am at any time regards how much money I have (usually naff all but everything is paid for)

Battery rental is one step away from the EV1. No batteries no car. They need to have outright ownership of the batteries as an option at least

booboo

Postby booboo » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:14 am

In support of Nikki's original suggestion, I like the idea of a meeting/event so that I can have a poke and a prod of this latest offering.
8)
London to Brighton on a Sinclair C5 - 6/5/07 - what a trip !
Ford Explorer 4.0 v6 petrol for everyday abuse - thank God for LPG
Sinclair C5's (Plus "c5alive.co.uk" ) as a hobby

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:03 pm

I think the idea of having a poke about in a Th!nk is great, I would like to see it maybe more central as Rob says, I'm not sure what by central I mean but for me Bristol is a bit too far for a one off, especially with fuel prices the way they :cry: which I think many folk would say the same.

I am also dissappointed with the batteries being "on lease" but only with the price of the lease, as from what I understand it really doesnt make financial sence to own one.

While a lot of folk will say its nothing to do with cost its to do with not damaging the environment I think you'll find for most people its a money driven thing why we drive EV's and why more and more folk are looking at EV's or other alternative energy vehicles, I might be wrong but when ever I talk to the average joe in the street the first thing they ask is how much, followed by how far and then how fast :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

clnbrtltt

Postby clnbrtltt » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:06 pm

We are not happy about the lease aspect of the Think batteries.
We do not use a vehicle every day and on the days we do use one we often only go a few miles and at a leisurely pace.
The batteries in a car that we have would be likely to last a lot longer than someone who uses their vehicle every day for the maximum mileage and at maximum speeds.
We also pay cash for everything and would not like to be lumbered with a large monthly payment. Even prior to obtaining our present EV we spent less than the proposed £100 lease fee (which presumably would be subject to increases at very little notice).
Overall, we are interested in seeing it but Bristol is still a long way for us to go considering the fact that we are unlikely to want one unless we can buy it outright batteries included.

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:11 pm

Okay, this is slightly getting off topic. I've started a new thread here for people who want to discuss the merits of battery rental vs ownership.

So, dragging it back on thread, who would like to come to look at a Th!nk?
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

Return to “Events”