Web and Forum site status.

General BVS related area
ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:08 pm

Have been using the Forums via the Beardy ISP and have always found it to be fine, so I suspect its a local thing rather than our server :wink:

As for e-mails Qdos , mines working fine 8) after I set it up and did a few tweaks as per my quote in Tims mail :wink:

So I'm suspect user/opperator error your end :wink: :lol:

I've checked the CP end and they are all there and set up 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

retepsnikrep

Postby retepsnikrep » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:57 pm

I have been noticing a quite severe posting delay recently, press the button and page goes off into limbo for several minutes before it returns with 'message posted' confirmation. Sometimes it never comes back, but if I reload the page later the message has appeared :?
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:17 am

retepsnikrep wrote:I have been noticing a quite severe posting delay recently, press the button and page goes off into limbo for several minutes before it returns with 'message posted' confirmation. Sometimes it never comes back, but if I reload the page later the message has appeared :?

It seems to be happening quite a bit lately. There's been a fair few double postings recently which indicate this problem as it manifests itself as if the post was not submitted. I do tidy up the double postings as and when I come across them

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:22 am

Regards e-mails no it's not fixed yet. I still don't have outgoing mails working and am having to use my own ISP servers to send out via. There should be an outgoing mail server with the domain.

I'd also like to change my e-mail password So if you'd care to let me know where I can change it Tim............

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:52 pm

22:49 GMT Monday 10th Nov

Is anyone else experiencing a slow response to the site? I've got a posting that's simply not refreshing after I submit it to the site yet I know it's gone as I opened up a new tab and navigated to it. It would be good if we could get to the bottom of this.

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:08 am

qdos wrote:Regards e-mails no it's not fixed yet. I still don't have outgoing mails working and am having to use my own ISP servers to send out via. There should be an outgoing mail server with the domain.

A similar problem from Rob has pointed me in the right direction.
Rob: Hi Tim
I am getting the following error
when trying to send an email."The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'sales@caricpress.co.uk'. Subject 'xxxxxxxxx', Account: 'xxxxx', Server: 'mail.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

Tim: Just checked with vispa. They say you need to set 'outgoing mail server requires authentication' tickbox in your mail settings.
Rob: Success! thanks for that

Hope that helps.
Tim Crumpton

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:09 pm

qdos wrote:Is anyone else experiencing a slow response to the site?

Yes, for the past month or so I've noticed that the site seems to "hang" when I first navigate to it. It can take up to 10 seconds to load. After that initial delay there doesn't seem to be any problem navigating within the site. I didn't have this problem before and I don't have it with other forums I visit.

The problem with threads not refreshing after making a post has been around for a good while longer I think and I've got used to it now.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:11 pm

Yep tonight we do seem to be running very slow :(

At one point around 9pm it stalled totally :shock:

Spoke to Tim and at that time it came back up, didnt mention it at the time Tim but having seen Malcolm's post and that its today, might it be worth lodging a ticket with Vispa as it does seem we may have an issue ?

I do see that they currently have one of thier name servers off line currently so that might be the reason ?

ChrisB

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:32 pm

Umm... That post is a week old, Chris.

Yes, I saw it slow to post tonight too. I will monitor it and check with vispa tomorrow.
Tim Crumpton

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:17 am

OMG so it is :oops: where the heck has November gone :cry:

Mind you got an e-mail this morning from a member saying the forum was really slow last night.

New issue this morning .......... BVS e-mails wont send :?

Have dropped you a e-mail on another address.

ChrisB

Return to “General”