EV RACING ttxgp

General BVS related area
stuart mills

EV RACING ttxgp

Postby stuart mills » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:40 pm

Well I was just about to start building my AC/lithium motor bike.
Checked the rules for the Isle of Mann electric TT and discovered a major snag.
Seems the rule makers forgot that they needed to give at least 12 months notice to potential entrants if they were going to apply a license rule that states you have to hold one for at least 12 months prior to entering.
Thats a shame as I dont feel too inclined to spend thousands developing a bike so some one else can ride it. Those that hold an appropriate license
will prosumably have had inappropriate experience as my guess is very few will know the benifits of coasting and light braking, as they are racers.
If anyone reading has any influence over those in charge please let me know as I can still enter with a couple of months notice. Anyone know how many entrants they are expecting? Who is funding it? Wouldnt think there were too many that could build a bike that could race for 40 miles inc mountain terrain.
info@mevltd.co.uk if any one can help please. Regards Stuart

Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:04 pm

You have spotted the same snag as some others, Stuart.

It seems clear that the organiser really wants to attract sponsored teams of professionals and is not very interested in amateur entries. I checked the rules early on and discovered that it would be impossible to enter, so just shelved the idea.

This is a great shame, as I believe that some of our "gifted amateurs" may well have been able to do a better job than some professional teams.

Jeremy

PHEV

Postby PHEV » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:34 pm

They believe that it was the introduction of these rules that cut the death rate on the Isle, and they will stick to them no matter what. There is no way they are going to change these rules to allow us to ride our own bikes according to all the discussions I have had with those involved.
*Mazda MX-5, 300KW peak, 300v 20KW/h lipo pack, Soliton 1000A controller. 1100KG.
*Ducati SS twin Agni 80HP peak.
*Aprilia RS motorcycle, 500A controller, Cedric's AgniMotor, 96v 6kw/h LiPo pack, 130kg, 90mph.
www.jozztek.com

TTXGP

Rider Rules

Postby TTXGP » Mon May 04, 2009 11:54 pm

This may well change for 2010.

Keep building.

stuart mills

Postby stuart mills » Thu May 07, 2009 10:10 pm

Not likely to "keep building" on the basis that "they may change the rules"
Keen to give it a try though, 12 months notice would be good.

granada203028

Postby granada203028 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:38 pm

Presumably other rules will get tougher, such as the qualifying time. Currently 50 mins equating to average speed of 45mph for the 37 miles.

Return to “General”