BVS Calendar Competition

General BVS related area
MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

BVS Calendar Competition

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:53 pm

This might seem early in the year, but I have a request:

I am putting together a BVS calendar for 2010, for sale to members and the public, and I am in the process of selecting photos for it.
Do you have any interesting EV-related photos that you would like to submit for possible inclusion in the calendar?
All photos will be credited, and if your photo is chosen to be included you will receive a free calendar once they have been printed. :D

All sorts of photos will be considered: historic and current electric vehicles, eg cars, vans, motorbikes, bicycles, boats, aeroplanes etc. And anything else that might be connected with battery electric vehicles. So, not just vehicles: maybe you have an artistic photo of a huge stack of batteries? Or a close up of someone doing some soldering. Or a photo taken at a BVS event like a show or an electrathon. All photos connected with members' activities might be of interest.

If you would like your photo to be considered for inclusion in the calendar, then please email it to me by the end of March.

I will acknowledge receipt of all photos received, and you should know by the end of April if your photo has been chosen to appear.

To enter: please email me your photos in the highest resolution you can, and in .jpg format.
Only send one photo at a time. If you want to send several pictures for consideration, please send each one in a separate email to me. My contact details are below.

Thanks,

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

ChopperMan

Postby ChopperMan » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:08 am

Hi Mary,

Can I recommend the decision on photos be delayed until July.

Your current deadline will miss both the Alternative Energy Drag Racing event in late April and the TTXGP, the first zero emission race at the Isle of Mann TT, in June. Both these events are likely to produce some fantastic photos.

Cheers,

Ian
Electric chopper ebike with PUMA motor (1.2kW) and 36V 20Ah LiFePO4 batteries. 23 mph & 20 mile range with no peddling (Sorry, what are peddles for?).

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:52 pm

Hi Ian,

In order to be able to offer these calendars to members at the cheapest possible price, we need to get them printed before Easter ideally, becasue that way we get a much cheaper deal on printing. It also means that we can offer them for sale to the public at shows we attend during the summer.

I would very much hope to include photos from the events you mention in the following year's calendar however - as you say they, will doubtless provide good material. :-)

But for this year's calendar we are hoping people will have photos taken at other events over the last few years that they will perhaps submit, and maybe photos of some historic vehicles too - we only need 12 good photos after all - and of course, any photo of an interesting vehicle or project could potentially make a great picture, whether taken at an event or not.

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

Return to “General”