Radio, newspaper and TV interview requests

General BVS related area
MB

Radio, newspaper and TV interview requests

Postby MB » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:24 am

You can tell there is a budget coming up. I'm getting inundated with enquiries from radio, newspaper and TV researchers and journalists, asking for interviews with electric vehicle owners.

Of course, I can handle the London based ones reasonably well through the G-Wiz Owners Club, but a lot of companies are after views from 'the rest of the country', and to be honest I am struggling to find the right people.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to the requests earlier today - we've been able to all of the urgent requests already which is absolutely terrific.

I'm still getting enquiries at the rate of 1-2 an hour at the moment. Some of these I can sort out from my current list of volunteers, but others I'm struggling with, so please - keep checking this thread for updates!

Talking to the media about electric cars is very important. We have the chance here to influence literally millions of people across the UK with a few good interviews.

If you can help with any of these requirements, please call me on 07867 656 402

Current Requirements:
I'm looking for someone in Central London with an electric car to do an interview with the BBC World Service today.

I'm looking for a volunteer to talk to Sky News on Budget Day in the Derby area. Ideally we want someone with an electric car in situ.

Regards

Mike
My new book is out: The 2011 Electric Car Guide is available from Amazon and all good bookshops.

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:41 pm

Well done for all your hard work Mike. I have been in a simiar position. Thankfully one of the radio stations was willing to drive out to my house to interview me, so that made things easier!

I wonder if we should perhaps put our heads together to share information and pool resources to produce a list of people nationwide that are willing to be interviewed. A list that we can then both have to hand to refer to when our phones are going crazy in the future!

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

MB

Postby MB » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:47 pm

Well, I've been involved in fielding 25-30 odd enquiries (and believe me, some of them have been very odd). Thankfully I have a good team of people already set up in the G-Wiz Owners Club who have volunteered their services for talking to the media. Some of them have been very busy these past 48 hours!

The enquiries seem to have died away a bit now, thank goodness, but I'm still looking for someone to help with Sky TV in Derby on Budget day.

With regards to sharing lists, my concern is one of confidentiality but I'm sure we can do something in the future where necessary.
My new book is out: The 2011 Electric Car Guide is available from Amazon and all good bookshops.

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:33 am

Mike, if you are ever after someone to chat to them regards building EVs I'm happy to chat to them. Not quite finished ours yet but it's coming along nicely, been busy building it lately along with 'The Other' car which we'll be showing at Stoneleigh and would be great to meet up with you there if you get a chance. Hall One.

Return to “General”