life on here

General BVS related area
social misfit
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:53 pm
Location: dorset

life on here

Postby social misfit » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:35 pm

theres more life in a tramps vest than there is here :o

User avatar
timpootle
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:13 pm
Location: Chorlton-cum-Hardy, UK

Postby timpootle » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:40 pm

What would you like to see?

Some fora are high traffic, some are much lower than this one. I get lost with which thread I have seen on which forum, but they each have their own atmosphere. And even that changes over time.
Tim Crumpton

social misfit
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:53 pm
Location: dorset

Postby social misfit » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:37 pm

timpootle wrote:What would you like to see?

Some fora are high traffic, some are much lower than this one. I get lost with which thread I have seen on which forum, but they each have their own atmosphere. And even that changes over time.
more activity so questions can be answered as most other forums ive found are useless

El Rayo
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:12 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Postby El Rayo » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:18 pm

social misfit wrote:more activity so questions can be answered

Try the "search" button; maybe your questions has already been answered? If not post your question in the apropriate section.

social misfit
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:53 pm
Location: dorset

Postby social misfit » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:01 pm

El Rayo wrote:
social misfit wrote:more activity so questions can be answered

Try the "search" button; maybe your questions has already been answered? If not post your question in the apropriate section.
ive posted in what i think is the right place,and no one has said different.
and ive searched and no answer.
but perhaps there is no interest in mobility scooters

marktime
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:36 am
Location: Littlehampton, West Sussex

Postby marktime » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:17 pm

Would you like a subject to discuss?

Last week the Government announced grants of up to £5,000 towards the purchase of electric cars. It now transpires that these grants will not be available until 2011. Furthermore, the proposed grant scheme excludes quadracycles such as the G-Wiz. The G-wiz is the biggest selling EV on the UKs roads.

Is this a serious attempt to promote EV's or is it just smoke and mirrors?

Discuss................or pick another subject


MarkTime
Soft as Graphite, Hard as Diamond, Black as Coal & clear as CO2, It's a Carbon thing!

social misfit
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:53 pm
Location: dorset

Postby social misfit » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:29 am

marktime wrote:Would you like a subject to discuss?

Last week the Government announced grants of up to £5,000 towards the purchase of electric cars. It now transpires that these grants will not be available until 2011. Furthermore, the proposed grant scheme excludes quadracycles such as the G-Wiz. The G-wiz is the biggest selling EV on the UKs roads.

Is this a serious attempt to promote EV's or is it just smoke and mirrors?

Discuss................or pick another subject


MarkTime
smoke and mirrors

User avatar
ChrisB
Posts: 4657
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:33 am
Location: Hampshire on the Southcoast
Contact:

Postby ChrisB » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:29 pm

social misfit wrote:
El Rayo wrote:
social misfit wrote:more activity so questions can be answered

Try the "search" button; maybe your questions has already been answered? If not post your question in the apropriate section.
ive posted in what i think is the right place,and no one has said different.
and ive searched and no answer.
but perhaps there is no interest in mobility scooters


I dunno :? you've had a question answered in another thread, just because your dead scooter controller thread hasnt yet spun any results so far its a bit hard saying the place is dead, maybe on this occasion folks cant help ?

Considering we only really have a hard core dozen or so posters for just a few hundred members its not that bad..........is it ?
I know of places with 1000's of members and are far quieter than this :wink: dont forget this is still a fairly minority interest 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

social misfit
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:53 pm
Location: dorset

Postby social misfit » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:10 am

ChrisB wrote:
social misfit wrote:
El Rayo wrote:
social misfit wrote:more activity so questions can be answered

Try the "search" button; maybe your questions has already been answered? If not post your question in the apropriate section.
ive posted in what i think is the right place,and no one has said different.
and ive searched and no answer.
but perhaps there is no interest in mobility scooters


I dunno :? you've had a question answered in another thread, just because your dead scooter controller thread hasnt yet spun any results so far its a bit hard saying the place is dead, maybe on this occasion folks cant help ?

Considering we only really have a hard core dozen or so posters for just a few hundred members its not that bad..........is it ?
I know of places with 1000's of members and are far quieter than this :wink: dont forget this is still a fairly minority interest 8)

ChrisB
i sent a pm about that tubuler controller idea that looks good but no reply,also i find these days that if something isnt super efficient it gets thrown out a lot of good ideas fall by the wayside because of this. my opinion also with electric vehicles is to much reliance on electronics,where as some mechanical controllers still have a place,but aren't efficient.
i think some of the fun side has gone from what it used to be,an example is cedric lynches motor made from baked bean cans and other odds and ends when he started with his odd vehicles but he nearly always won the long endurance races. :D

User avatar
ChrisB
Posts: 4657
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:33 am
Location: Hampshire on the Southcoast
Contact:

Postby ChrisB » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:05 pm

Cant comment on the PM as it obviousely wasnt to me, might pay to send it again as the ISP isnt the best here and it could have got lost in the ether :?

But I agree with you that theres no harm in doing fun stuff with mechanical controllers and other low efficient stuff, at the end of the day we all arnt electronic wizzes, I certainly am not :oops:

You have to remember that some of the folks here are pushing the boundries of mile/watt etc which is good.
We need some folks equally who are able to work with the basic stuff and show the learners how to even just wire a motor to a switch and battery etc

May be we need a learning area :?:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests