New BVS Contacts for Bristol, Essex, and for G-wiz-ers

General BVS related area
MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

New BVS Contacts for Bristol, Essex, and for G-wiz-ers

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:46 pm

The more obvservant among you may have noticed the welcome return of aminorjourney to the BVS forum.

Not only is she re-joining the society (did you use our nice'n'easy online payment system Nikki?), but she has also agreed to be the BVS's local contact for Bristol again. :D

Welcome back Nikki - great to have you on board again.

For those that don't know her, here is what another forum member had to say about her back in July:

Nikki is a great asset for any organisation, her enthusiasm for EVs is truly infectious...

and he said of the local Bristol group (composed of both BVS members and non-members):

...one of the best groups around in my opinion, very helpful group of people very willing to chat and help anyone with questions on EVs and indeed anything associated with EVs.

I think Nikki is a force for good in the EV world. She runs a pod-cast about electric vehicles, called the EV-cast; has set up 'Nikki Drives'; and she has continued to run the successful local group in Bristol.

She says about the local group: "We're a fun group based in Bristol UK, welcoming anyone with an interest in electric cars, vans, bikes, scooters, motorbikes or any other vehicle powered by an electric motor!"

Hopefully Nikki will post more info about the local group meets in the events secton, but, if you'd like to know more now, and perhaps be added to their e-mail list, then visit:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/BEVOB/

And don't forget of course that we have other active local groups meeting in various places across the UK, for example the Southern gang, and the Manchester/North-West group. See the events section, or our google calendar on the home page, for details of their gatherings.

The Society also has a new local BVS contact for Essex, and a new G-wiz contact. Their details will appear on the inside covers of the forthcoming society magazine due out at the start of December, so I'll leave you in suspense (unless they want to announce themselves here). But I think it's great to have both of them getting more involved with the Society, as they too have some pretty impressive 'EV-credentials'!

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

clnbrtltt

Postby clnbrtltt » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:17 pm

Very pleased to hear that you are posting back here Nikki. :D
Proven 6kW Wind Turbine
3.8 kW Solar PV

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:55 am

Let's just say that I'm taking a back seat attitude this time. No politics, no anything - other than Ev fun.

Do check out the Evcast... www.evcast.com :)

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:31 pm

Good to see you back Nikki.
Yeh - having fun is certainly a good moto.

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:44 pm

Great to see you back lass, i have got the iphone shucking the intertubes for your pod cast as we speak

\m/ :) \m/
Yorkshire isn't just a place, it's a state of mind!

http://www.minievolution.com/

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:06 am

Good to see you back too, Tesla. I thought you had disappeared completely.
Tim Crumpton

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:50 pm

I was spending a lot of time fixing other peoples cr^p and just needed to get some stuff done for us me and Mrs Tesla, also my van needed work most of which I will document and put on the forum. Including motor work and a transmission rebuild fun.

Anyway I have just listened to Nikki's pod cast nr 289, fantastic it's really positive work this getting real information out there for those that care to download. BTW I too think the A123 systems loss is a little sus, I detected a note of suspicion in your voice Nikki.
Yorkshire isn't just a place, it's a state of mind!

http://www.minievolution.com/

Return to “General”