Electric car/van stickers or graphics

General BVS related area
sticks

Electric car/van stickers or graphics

Postby sticks » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Hi,
does anybody have any good ev stickers or designs?
im going to get one made at my friends whos got a sign writing shop and just thought if anyone knows of or has one can give me some ideas or pics etc.
cheers

dargles

Re: Electric car/van stickers or graphics

Postby dargles » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:36 am

Hi, Sticks.
I guess there's a little issue here of exactly what sort of graphics you might be looking for. Have you thought of poking around the World Wide Wonders? For example, I searched for "electric car graphics" came up with this:
http://www.clipartof.com/gallery/clipart/electric_car.html,
or searching on "electric graphics" and switching to "images" gave this:
http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=com.ubuntu%3Aen-GB%3Aunofficial&um=1&sa=1&q=electric+graphics&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&start=0

The trouble is that graphics can be a bit personal, I guess, so it's a question of what you want, what sorts of things you like, and so on. It's got me thinking, though. I've been thinking of rather more subtle things, like converting a 2CV and changing the logo on the back to 2EV, for example [OK, that's neither subtle nor original, but you get what I mean...]. But decent graphics could make a nice EV really stand out from the crowd :) .
Regards, David

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:16 pm

dargles wrote:The trouble is that graphics can be a bit personal, I guess, so it's a question of what you want, what sorts of things you like, and so on......

I tend to agree, personally I hate anything that screams "I drive and electric vehicle", subtlety is everything and less is more in my book.
For my converted Fiesta I got the word "Electric" made up in the same font/design as the other badges Fiesta's had and stuck it in the same place on the rear boot.
I also applied a couple to the side windows, but overall the effect was very subtle.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Night Train

Postby Night Train » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:34 pm

I am going subtle with my car.

I am removing all signs of the original branding and badging and replacing with my own company brand. The only indicators of its change to electric will be a subtle 'electric' on the speedo dial and a little '160V' (or whatever it ends up being) slapped on the boot lid. I will probably have loads of H&S hazzard triangles all over the under bonnet areas though.

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:53 am

I think what Russ Sciville did to his Elise is very stylish.

I can't find a photo of the boot, but it had something similar across the back, too.
Tim Crumpton

sticks

Postby sticks » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi all,sorry was abit vague on the type of design and look, i went with the gimmick factor which ties in with my line of work an electrician and have bought this van as a secondry call out quote van and it looks so good !!! loving the lingo
Attachments
IMG_0714.JPG
IMG_0714.JPG (201.51 KiB) Viewed 17222 times

PeterKesel

Postby PeterKesel » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:16 pm

I think your product is really very stylish & cool.

Return to “General”