Still rather slow ??

General BVS related area
ChrisB

Still rather slow ??

Postby ChrisB » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:34 pm

mmmmm well its been up for many months now and its not exactly a buzz of activity here :? , but then no mention of it in this bi-monthly mag :cry:

Ah well , I'll keep plugging away and with luck more members will join.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

floydster
Site Staff

Postby floydster » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:57 pm

I was taking part in a photo shoot for a car mag a couple of weeks ago. I told them I'd joined the BVS and that my next project was an Enfield that I could recharge from a wind generator. Emailed the guy writing the article to and fro a couple of times about electric cars. Hopefully they'll find space to print something about the BVS, Enfield's and Scamps as he said it would make an interesting article.

Just need to keep looking for an Enfield. Need to find the cash first though :cry:

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:29 am

Interesting, which car mag was that ??

I found in the past us EV peeps tend to get laughed off the planet when you talk to petrol heads, perhaps things are changing in the media section then??

Still could do with some of the 300+ BVS members joining here to get the forum buzzing, I suppose some might not have PC's but I think a lot of people do these days so even if only 1/3 of them had PC's that should still equate to some 100 members here really :?:

Me thinks I'm going to plug it more myself in the BVS mag.

ChrisB

floydster
Site Staff

Postby floydster » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:38 pm

The photo shoot was for practical Classics so hopefully if I ever do find and Enfield they'll do a feature on it.

When I first had the idea of an electric car I asked the guy who has the rolling road I go to if he could help me build something. He just laughed at me then when I told him I was serious he kept laughing and replied "I know you are"! His loss, it could have been good advertising for his comapny as they build all sorts of oddball petrol and LPG powered machines.

Are you looking to attract more BVS members or all EV enthusiasts? I could stick links to the forum on some of my sites if you're looking to attract non-BVS members too.

Floydster

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:55 pm

Ah Practical Classics might be interested , keep us upto date with how things go ........when you find an Enfield :wink:

Well the Forum was sort of developed FOR the BVS members so they could chat on a more frequently rather than having to wait 2 months for the next Review mag to come out etc
It was another reason for me keeping it locked down slightly i.e. register to view as really theres only little old me keeping an eye on it and I didnt want it to start getting over run with non members really. But if peeps come here theres a good chance they will become a BVS member anyway :?

I'll have to ask those who are higher up than me if they are happy with a broader style of linking/advertising and if they say its OK then I'll give you the nod, cheers for that :)

ChrisB

floydster
Site Staff

Postby floydster » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:11 pm

ChrisB wrote:Ah Practical Classics might be interested , keep us upto date with how things go ........when you find an Enfield :wink:
ChrisB

They seemed very interested in covering the Enfield when I do find one and now I have a couple of contacts at the mag it could happen. Hope so. Here's a link to some pictures from the day for anyone interested in petrol engines. Don't think too badly of me for being a petrol head! I ride my bike almost everywhere and take the train to work.

[img=http://thumb16.webshots.net/t/52/52/6/68/53/2413668530099719096zOAcyo_th.jpg]

ChrisB wrote:I'll have to ask those who are higher up than me if they are happy with a broader style of linking/advertising and if they say its OK then I'll give you the nod, cheers for that :)
ChrisB

Just let me know.

Cheers,

Floydster

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:15 pm

Cant see a problem pushing the site out into the big world, I asked the high people and they didnt seem to mind.

Dont forget to add the main site www.bvs.org.uk as a link as well

ChrisB

floydster
Site Staff

Postby floydster » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:17 pm

Will do. How often is it updated? Some of the for sale stuff seems to have been there forever.

Floydster

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:53 am

Must admit I dont know whos looks after the BVS site for sure

It does really need to be updated I think as from what you have seen it looks like its not been touched for ages :cry:

I did ask for a link to here to be put up but nothing so far.

One of my reasons for creating this place was to give members a sounding board for more instant type of chat and discussion, as the Review ( Bi monthly BVS mag ) while excellent does I feel take too long to answer questions that members post.
Now we have the Interweb a lot of stuff is accessable so quickly that I felt the BVS needed something a little more "instant" than the Bi monthly Reveiw mag. Dont get me wrong the Review is very good and not everybody has the interweb but for those that do I find it frustrating that a question put to the mag could take 3months to be answered if you got the timing wrong :shock:

ChrisB

clnbrtltt

Postby clnbrtltt » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:14 pm

Now that the BVS has been mentioned, could we say that having a website that is rarely updated and has out of date information, is a real deterrent for people. We rarely look at it now and it has put us off joining the BVS.

Return to “General”