Help! Adverts needed....

Do you own an Enfield electric car or want to know about them, then his is your area.
pyoorkate

Help! Adverts needed....

Postby pyoorkate » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:05 am

Okay, things on the enfield front have gone a little awry; it turns out that my mum didn't quite get the 'agreed value' bit done and sent off; so they claiming the market value of the enfield is £1000. Hence our rather paultry claim result. However, if we can provide lots of nice shiny adverts showing the value of the car to be higher they have to give us a fairer sum of money.

Does anyone have old copies of the BVS magazine they'd be willing to scan adverts from? OR practical classics with enfields in...?

And JP, if you read this before I get a chance to ring you - any chance of a letter from the BVS with a fairer representation of the value of the enfield.

Thanks to anyone who can help!
Kate E

1969 Morris Minor - awaiting LHD conversion
1995 MZ ETZ 251 in bits
1996 Kanuni ETZ 251
1972 (built '71) Vauxhall Viva

Tam

Postby Tam » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:01 am

At the Sharpe Collection sale (in Essex) by Christies, in June 2005, the Enfield was scruffy, rusty and inoperative, and it was sold for around £2,300 hammer price (before adding buyers premium) as I recall. Worth a google on that one, as a good solid one to quote, being open market value at auction, and a real sale, not just a vendor's hoped for price. If I can find my catalogue of the sale I can send you copies of the relevant pages.

pyoorkate

Postby pyoorkate » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:31 pm

Thanks for that; managed to find a page listing the items with a description from the auction; that's a handy one... anyone spotted any others?
Kate E

1969 Morris Minor - awaiting LHD conversion

1995 MZ ETZ 251 in bits

1996 Kanuni ETZ 251

1972 (built '71) Vauxhall Viva

Return to “Enfield Cars”