These folk mean business !!

Do you make your own power ? be it Solar or Wind. Then this is a place for all home energy chat.
ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:53 pm

I was actually just wondering if this house was yours Terry :lol:

But you say yours is a bungy which does mean its not :oops:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

robbymax

got to get around them to maintain them

Postby robbymax » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:13 pm

retepsnikrep wrote:Looking at the asthetics of that install, it's a bit roppy IMO :(

I fully support renewables but it looks untidy with the gaps etc.

Solar tiles might have been better, and blended it in with the adjacent property.

To encourage good uptake it needs to look good, blend in as best as possible, perform well and be affordable. Quite a challenge :wink:
Last edited by robbymax on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robbymax

Postby robbymax » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:19 pm

if i could work out how to put a picture up i would show you my panels
18 x 210watt sanyo and 40 vac tubes for hot water. 2 years 5 months no problems and now my studer 8 kw inverter has just blown the power panel. new one costs £450 + transport £150 i am a bit pissed of with studer warranty is strickly 2 years so Ican't help thinking this product is a bit suspect i will tell you more later.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:00 pm

Send the pic/s to me "bvs.forums AT ntlworld.com" dont forget to replace the AT with the @ sign and I'll host them for you.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

robbymax

Postby robbymax » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:35 pm

ChrisB wrote:Send the pic/s to me "bvs.forums AT ntlworld.com" dont forget to replace the AT with the @ sign and I'll host them for you.

ChrisB
thanks Chris the system I have installed has taken about 3 years to get to were I am now there's still room for development the inverter is an 8kw pure sign wave and it doubles as a 90 amp 48 volt charger, a time clock switches economy 7 on at 12 o'clock midnight to put into the battery bank any shortfall supplied by the pv's, I always start the day with a 90% charged battery bank. I think the change over relays in the inverter are not man enough, so a new power panel is on its way from Switzerland. I shall get that up and running, but to prevent this happening again, my next project is to construct a separate charging system any ideas? i have sent you some pictures please tell me what you think.

Return to “Home Energy Area”