Toshiba cells ?

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
gofastped

Toshiba cells ?

Postby gofastped » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:18 am

As announced in 2005 Toshiba finally came up with new nano-based cell with integrated charge controller per cell- at first for forklifts and stuff, but they announced to let roll out some prius- cars carrying the new technology in serial production in 2009, a canadian company aquired by 123- systems i 2007 claimed to have somethig like that in form of a sparewheel-space upgrade for the priu in pre-productionn, too- but i never heard about that any more since then.

The Toshibas are reported to recharge to 90 % form their cap in 20 Minutes and a buttload of amps do oud appealing to me, and the integrated controller in indutrie-tandard does not hinder that, even if i do not know more specs like lowest load shutof and general load balancing ( controller-side stuff)

Assuming they only sell these cells at big blocks/ clusters with firmly scaleable output devices the clue/ tricky thing about it seems to be the charging requiring a aircolled heavy recharger, as available in canada for below 1 k US-$.

I am highly interrested in getting some cells to figure out a setup for my electric foldable scooter, so if you know somebody who bought a indutrie cell cluster and brakes it apart for the cells anyways please let me know.

Return to “All things battery related”