Headway group buy

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
flexy

Headway group buy

Postby flexy » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi,
I am keen to get parts for a 72V lifepo4 pack ordered from Headway, I would like to get the BMS they use on this pack http://headway-cn.en.alibaba.com/product/216885438-50269244/Headway_72v20Ah_LiFePO4_lithium_battery.html and a the required number of 38120S 10Ah cells. Has anyone done a group buy from headway and would anyone else be interested?

Cheers

Jeremy

Re: Headway group buy

Postby Jeremy » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:48 pm

I bought 64 cells from Headway a while ago. They were OK to deal with, but the quality of the cells left a fair bit to be desired. I've had about a 10% attrition rate so far, all from cells going open circuit. Also, most of my cells are showing signs of corrosion to some degree, despite the fact that they've been sealed in ABS enclosures.

Maybe Headway have improved their quality in the past couple of years, but if they haven't I'd advise factoring in the cost of some duff cells and look at ways of improving corrosion protection. As far as I can tell, the cell positive end caps are just bright mild steel, with no form of protective coating at all..................

Jeremy

retepsnikrep

Re: Headway group buy

Postby retepsnikrep » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:40 am

I have some year old lifebatt 8ah cells if you are interested which are a lot better quality than the headway. PM me
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

Return to “All things battery related”