Introduction from LifeBATT UK Distributor

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:55 am

These cars on the site you have put a link to, Chris, are chinese copies of vehicles. I'd be rather cautious of anything from China. Sadly there's too many tales of woe from there.

I'm sure there's some decent companies out there but be cautious is my recommendation.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:30 am

I did think that the whole site looked a bit dodgey to be honest, lots of broken links, pages that poorly contructed and the likes.

I thought I wonder if Ian knows about these guys who "appeared" to be using the LifeBat name , of course Ian's is LifeBatt, once again china makes a few changes to a name and think they can get away with it.

To be honest I've got mixed views on the whole China copies thing, having seen and serviced a fair number of Chinese copies of vairouse things from Lawn mowers to Generators etc it does seem that there are good and there are poor ones out there.
The poor ones are poor thats for sure and you'd be better off buying a branded version, but then some of the stuff isnt half bad and as long as you remember that it is a copy and treat it like that i.e give it better servicing and just generally look after it then it should give years of service.
An example is a generator I recently purchased which is a standard yanmar copy really but cost about 1/3 of the price, it will get treated with kid gloves and have oil changes done more regualarly than listed and not be used to anywhere near its max rating and just generally looked after.
Where as if it was a genuine yanmar or honda it could be abused, not used, run low on oil ( although thats never good for any engine) not serviced for years etc and the thing would still start everytime you went to it. But then you will have paid for that in the final price, so its horses for courses I think with the chinese stuff.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:58 pm

Not sure if Chopperman's still floating about, but if you are do you have the spec/diamentions/current pricing of this pack to hand 2420-HPS

Cheers

ChrisB

ChopperMan

Postby ChopperMan » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:52 am

Hi Chris,

Yes I'm still here. In fact here happens to be in the pits at Silverstone, supporting our sponsored formula student entry, Herts Uni in the class 1A event.

The HPS packs are about to be replaced with the XPS series, which will offer greater flexability in energy/power density.

Please contact me via the website, www.lifebatt.co.uk and I can provide you with full details.

Cheers,

Ian
Electric chopper ebike with PUMA motor (1.2kW) and 36V 20Ah LiFePO4 batteries. 23 mph & 20 mile range with no peddling (Sorry, what are peddles for?).

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:57 pm

Wow sounds like your having fun 8) , I'll drop you a mail from the site then.

Cheers

ChrisB

Return to “All things battery related”