NiCad's

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
johnandpam

NiCad's

Postby johnandpam » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:41 pm

Hi Chris. Have you found a replacement for your iffy batteries yet? This place has some NiCad's for sale, they are 40ah and he is selling them for about £50 a pallet or bootfull. The Wind & Solar Works, Tree Tops, Sandy Lane, Pennard, Swansea, SA3 2EN. Tele: 0845 458 3141 Fax: 0870 163 8620. Email: info@solarsense.co.uk. Web: www.solarsense.co.uk. The website is for solar heating only though. Regards John

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:17 am

Hi John

Nope still looking for some replacements , thanks for sharing that info , I'll give them a look up but to be honest 40ah is rather short on ah's for my liking, even if I was to double them up I would still only be looking at 80ah , still a fair number of Ah's short of the 100Ah that the vans has.

I might give him a bell and see what the score is with them.

Thanks for that.

I have found a supply of 150Ah Sealed LA batts but they are of a C8 rating so not that great, I been toying with buying and installing them but I need to look a bit harder at the charger profile to determine how it will like having sealed LA's on it ??

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “All things battery related”