Zivan Charger Adjustments

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
ChrisB

Zivan Charger Adjustments

Postby ChrisB » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:37 pm

Hi Folks

Terry H is doing a end to end trip on his Oxygene EV scooter between lands end and john-o-whatsits, it has a Zivan NG1 charger fitted to it, currently he has some nickle zinc batteries fitted I think to it but is thinking he may have to go over to lead acids during the trip if these batts fail.

Any how the charger is rigged for these Nickle units and their style of charging, the question is can the Zivan NG1 be adjusted to suit the PB's with just a adjustment on a couple of blue pots he's found once he removed the covers or is it more the case ( which I suspect) that it needs to be actually reprogramed to the PB's charge regime ??

You can "just" make out the pots on the PCB on the below pics, sorry they are so poor its just what Terry supplied me with.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:21 pm

Cool When is he doing it ????

EVguru

Postby EVguru » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:31 pm

If the algorithm is constant current, followed by constant voltage (UI), then all you need to do is tweak the pot marked 'U' for the correct voltage.
Paul

http://www.compton.vispa.com/scirocco/
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.compton.vispa.com/the_named

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:02 pm

qdos wrote:Cool When is he doing it ????

Not 100% sure but as soon as we do I'll get the details.

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:06 pm

EVguru wrote:If the algorithm is constant current, followed by constant voltage (UI), then all you need to do is tweak the pot marked 'U' for the correct voltage.

Thanks Paul, athough I'm not sure what the pot is marked as, I have'nt seen the inside of charger personally.

ChrisB

nedlud

Postby nedlud » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:56 pm

hi, i've got the same scooter but 1 of the 4 nickel batteries has died. i've had no prob replacing with SLAs but having trouble getting an onboard charger that fits, if the zivan can be adjusted that would be great! (i've been told not but these weren't bvs bods) please let me know if you guys work it out!!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:44 pm

Andy dont suppose you've still got the other 3 Nickle zincs as Terrys doing this big road trip and having a couple of spares might be handy, dunno if you'd be willing to donate them ? you could have them back of course at the end of the trip :wink:
ChrisB

nedlud

Postby nedlud » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Hi Chris, i was going to offer the batteries - you could pick them up from brighton or i do sometimes drive over to portsmouth & gosport - if thats any help... all i would ask in return is any help/advice on sorting a charger for the lead batteries on my scooter...
Andy

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:28 pm

I'll drop you a PM :wink:

ChrisB

Return to “All things battery related”