McCharge

Got a hot news story concerning EV's, be it on the TV, Radio or seen it in the press, then share it with us here.
ChrisB

McCharge

Postby ChrisB » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:17 pm

Now this does look feasable and if it works in Sweden then why not here 8)

McCharge

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:03 pm

Yes I saw that article too - good news! :D

Good to see that they are going for 16 amp rather than 13 amp too. That'd handle a Berlingo if they start doing them over here.

Though of course an option for 32 amp would be better still.

Hope that places here follow the good example that is being set.

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

MB

Postby MB » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:23 am

One of the members at the G-Wiz Owner's Club is proposing that we petition McDonalds here in the UK to get them to at least consider doing something similar here.

He's written a forums post on how we should orchestrate a campaign and all the contact details for McDonalds.

Please can everyone have a look at this and get involved? A brief e-mail or filling in their Customer Services online form will only take a couple of minutes but could be a big step towards us having a nationwide charging network here in the UK.

Here is the link: http://gwiz.myfastforum.org/about2262.html
My new book is out: The 2011 Electric Car Guide is available from Amazon and all good bookshops.

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 am

Fast food and fast charging.... That would be good. I'm rather cynical that a fast food company will want cars parked up for several hours in their car parks. Can't help but think it's purely a publicity stunt. But hey it's promoting EVs Image But is it trying to claw back something from all the negative green publicity they suffered from a few years back?Image

How about petitioning someone else like Currys instead, pointing to MacD's as an illustration? After all as their slogan goes.... "Currys are electric"

MB

Postby MB » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:24 am

The curry I had last night wasn't. Although it did give me the runs.

Whatever the motive is for McDonalds, it is still something that we ought to be encouraging. Another company that might be worth talking to is Little Chef. In fact, with them it might make more sense because customers can then linger over a meal and might even have a pudding as well, whilst waiting for their cars to charge.

The next generation of electric cars needs fast charging capabilities and a fast charging network needs to be implemented over the next few years in order to encourage the rapid take-up of electric vehicles. However, opportunistic charging - where you plug your car in for a half an hour here and there can also be useful to get a little bit further on range, and that is where sites like McDonalds can make a real difference.
My new book is out: The 2011 Electric Car Guide is available from Amazon and all good bookshops.

Wilfried

Postby Wilfried » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:24 am

Mccharge in Maasmechelen Belgium (translated by Google translate)
klik

Wilfried (EV-Netwerk 1940702)

favguy

Re: McCharge

Postby favguy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Well our local McDonald's fine you £120 if you stay for more than an hour in the car park, unless you are in the place for longer than this and tell them so, I doubt they'll be encouraging you to plug in for any length of time... :x

Return to “Hot off the press....”