The Independent front page story 8-Apr 09

Got a hot news story concerning EV's, be it on the TV, Radio or seen it in the press, then share it with us here.
Jon Fray

The Independent front page story 8-Apr 09

Postby Jon Fray » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:16 am

The front page was almost entirely about electric cars with a large image of a G-Wiz being driven.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/co ... 65354.html

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:13 pm

A more positive article than some, though still more pessimistic than I would like ;-)

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:24 pm

If only the Berlingo was still in production now AND if they had made it into a multispace, I recon it would be a totally different world by now :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:43 pm

ChrisB wrote:If only the Berlingo was still in production now AND if they had made it into a multispace, I recon it would be a totally different world by now :wink:

ChrisB

Totally agree with you Chris!

I was sad to have to tell a radio guy this morning that he couldn't buy one, when he was so impressed with ours.

Mary
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:21 pm

I really dont get why someone hasnt made a half reasonable standard family EV, thats what people want, they dont want sports cars, and while the G-Wizz is a fab little vehicle and I'd love to own one, theres no denying it..... they do look a bit "odd" and not really aimed at Mr Family with his 2.4 kids and half a dog.

All I hear when I'm out in the Berlingo is, where can I buy one, how much is it and do they make it as a multispace.

The techs been proved, yeah it could be improved but the basic plug and go works, the batteries post 2000 seem to hold up well, and the vehicle on the whole performs really well, so why was this product not developed further, just imagine if it had been.
The last Blingo was what about 2005 ?? and the first was something like 1997 not even a 10yr run :cry: imagine if they had carried on with the development what we would be seeing in 2009 now :shock:

Some say it wouldnt have sold due to the higher price that the vehicle attracted but then I think some folks would have still bought them, they buy the Prius after all, also all the places that had the Blingos but then flogged them on once Citroen withdrew the support for them, they would be by now looking at 2nd or even 3rd generation ones and the older ones would be filtering down to the second hand market more.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Hot off the press....”