Power Grid Can Handle Electric, Plug-in Hybrid Cars

Got a hot news story concerning EV's, be it on the TV, Radio or seen it in the press, then share it with us here.
FlossyThePig

Power Grid Can Handle Electric, Plug-in Hybrid Cars

Postby FlossyThePig » Thu May 07, 2009 7:25 am

I came across this story on EV World but decided to get the direct link from Ricardo.

http://www.ricardo.com/media/pressreleases/pressrelease.aspx?page=157

Hugh

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu May 07, 2009 6:31 pm

Quite interesting, although I'd be interested to hear what the National Grid would have to say on it,

According to the results of simulation studies announced today by a consortium including Ricardo, Jaguar-Land Rover, E.ON and Amberjac Projects

Errrrr you'd have thought they might have asked the Grid what their view was wouldnt you :roll:

Being someone whos actually worked in the control room of the Grid 8) , I sort of know 1st hand how stretched the grid is at times :shock:

That was a while back now, and hopefully they have invested more in the infrastructure now, then again when ever we get a hard winter and with more and more older powerstations likely to be decomissioned I've always thought if we suddenly get a huge influx of pluggins or EV's issues will arise in supply problems, may be not for the grid but the regional REC's .

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Hot off the press....”