A Trabant EV

Got a hot news story concerning EV's, be it on the TV, Radio or seen it in the press, then share it with us here.
ChrisB

A Trabant EV

Postby ChrisB » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:04 pm

mmm an Electric Trabant

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/09/electric-trabant/

Not the first choice of car to electrify in my book but then it does have character :?

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:09 am

Converting an old Trabant would seem like a good idea to me: plastic body, lots of room for batteries, getting rid of the stinky engine - all good.

Making a brand new one? Not so sure. Still, more choice of factory built electric cars has to be a good thing, yes/no?
Tim Crumpton

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:31 pm

timpootle wrote:Converting an old Trabant would seem like a good idea to me: plastic body, lots of room for batteries, getting rid of the stinky engine - all good.

Making a brand new one? Not so sure. Still, more choice of factory built electric cars has to be a good thing, yes/no?

Its the image thing sadly :roll: everyone that comments on the Berlingo, and I suspect Robs 106, always likes the fact its so normal looking.

Totally agree that more choice is good, infact more EV's would be nice that are reasonably priced, but that aint likely to happen in the near future really :cry:

ChrisB

andylaurence

Postby andylaurence » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:38 am

That is incredibly cool. I do like the old Trabants and this one just looks like the love child of an original Trabant and a BMW Mini. Under £20k too!
Above figures include track days and the odd competition.

MB

Postby MB » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:28 pm

I saw the car in the show and it did look very good indeed. I can see this succeeding as a practical every day car for commuting to work, taking the kids to school and doing the shopping.

I can't post pictures of it here, but I have done on the Reva forums: http://gwiz.myfastforum.org/viewtopic.p ... 281#p16281
My new book is out: The 2011 Electric Car Guide is available from Amazon and all good bookshops.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:14 pm

MB wrote:I can't post pictures of it here

You can but they will be need to be hosted first :wink:

ChrisB

Return to “Hot off the press....”