EV to cross Europe You and Yours BBC radio4

Got a hot news story concerning EV's, be it on the TV, Radio or seen it in the press, then share it with us here.
marktime

EV to cross Europe You and Yours BBC radio4

Postby marktime » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Piece in today's Y&Y about a project to drive across Europe in an EV to raise awareness, I can't claim to have listened to all of it as I reached mye destination before they got to the point!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00shqlz

MarkTime
Soft as Graphite, Hard as Diamond, Black as Coal & clear as CO2, It's a Carbon thing!

timpootle

Re: EV to cross Europe You and Yours BBC radio4

Postby timpootle » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:53 pm

Press release sent to editor@batteryvehiclesociety (which goes to me and Brian and Howard):
BBC Electric Ride - press release

Photo opportunity / meet and interview the team just before we leave 10.00am Monday 7th June BBC Broadcasting House,Portland Place, London W1A 1AA

We leave London next Monday to drive an electric car around Europe and record radio programmes while we travel.

We aim to travel over 4000 miles on our record breaking journey. During the journey we will talk to major European carmakers to find out how close they are to getting their electric cars out on the road. We will visit cities which are wiring up charging stations and ask politicians what they’re doing to promote the electric cause.
Stopping off at manufacturing plants and research centres, we hope that hotels and restaurants
from Norway to Spain allow us to plug the car in and that the battery lasts long enough to get
around Scandinavia, through Germany, over the Alps and across Spain and Portugal.
By the end of the series we will have built up an impression of the state of electric car
manufacturing and policy across the continent, and have heard from people we meet on the way
about whether they would switch to an electric car.
Notes to editors:
BBC Radio 4 has commissioned Whistledown Productions to create four half hour documentary
programmes based on the first electric car journey around Europe. These will be broadcast weekly
on BBC Radio 4 on Saturdays at 10.30am from June 19th.
You can follow the journey online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/electric-ride/map/ (live
from June 7th) and http://www.facebook.com/BBCelectricride - live now with images and video.
The Electric Ride will commence and end in the UK and pass through Denmark, Norway, Sweden,
Germany, Austria, Italy, Spain, Portugal and France. The journey will take around a month.
The team: senior producer Kevin Dawson; producer Rose De Larrabeiti; presenter Peter Curran;
technical presenter Richard Scrase.
The car is a THINK city: see http://www.thinkev.com/The-THINK-City/Highlights
For more information please contact:
Richard Scrase: + 44 (0) 778 779 4250 / richard@scrase.eu
Whistledown: 0207 407 8001 / info@whistledown.net
THINK PR contact: James Andrew +44 7772 534 985 / james@influencegroupworldwide.com
Tim Crumpton

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:03 am

Have we got anyone from ourside going along to it Tim ?? shame its quite short notice would have been good to go along and get envolved.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

marktime

Postby marktime » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:47 pm

I heard the 'start of the journey' today, I have always believed that the pictures are much better on the radio but this item failed to fully get the image across. I think a blind man (person with limited vision to be PC) describing a motoring feature is a brave step and something that Top Gear could learn a lot from.

Don't get me wrong I think Peter White does some amazing things but this was not one of them.

I think the next update on Y&Y is due Friday.

MT
Soft as Graphite, Hard as Diamond, Black as Coal & clear as CO2, It's a Carbon thing!

Return to “Hot off the press....”