Stevens Vehicles Zecar and Zevan

Got a hot news story concerning EV's, be it on the TV, Radio or seen it in the press, then share it with us here.
clnbrtltt

Stevens Vehicles Zecar and Zevan

Postby clnbrtltt » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:37 pm

Saw this link http://www.evuk.co.uk/news/index6.html#GVT_EVs_are_Go
on Electricars site.
Has anyone else looked at the details?
Still a bit pricey for a basic looking car but it will seat 5 and seems to tick a lot of boxes for us. Also it's made in the UK :!:

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:16 pm

Hmmm.

I would like to see one of these in the flesh. It does seem rather small - and on looking at the photographs in the brochure am not convinced about the build quality. The vehicle they've shown has a HUGE gap in the door pillar on a door which seems to be closed.

I'm not all that impressed about the sales brochure too. It doesn't seem to mention the kind of things that a regular purchaser would want to know about.

I may be wrong, but this appears to be yet another EV which could cause a poor EV image rather than a positive one.

Of course, I've not seen it and would LOVE to be proven wrong!

Nikki.

P.S. For what it's worth I would rather save the £15,000 asking price and perhaps spend it on one of the new cars coming from Europe, or buy a nearly new Berlingo "Multispace" electrique.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

clnbrtltt

Postby clnbrtltt » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:19 pm

Thanks Nikki, we were also a little dubious about certain parts of the brochure and would very much like to see one of these vehicles or hear firsthand from someone who has seen one.

Return to “Hot off the press....”