The EV1 lives again!

Got a hot news story concerning EV's, be it on the TV, Radio or seen it in the press, then share it with us here.
ChrisBarron

Postby ChrisBarron » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:52 pm

...I wonder if they designed the street in the background of the publicity shots, you could ask for a better backdrop

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:35 pm

LOL have you been to California though? There's some very different landscapes out there I can assure you. Though yes the photo I posted is an early shot which probably had a bit of PhotoShop going on in it. The video though doesn't :)

By the way Chris, I looked at your video on your BMS project and if you'd like me to re edit it for you with some Audi instead of the super fast text that's too quick to read I can do it.

ChrisBarron

Postby ChrisBarron » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:41 am

qdos wrote:LOL have you been to California though? There's some very different landscapes out there I can assure you. Though yes the photo I posted is an early shot which probably had a bit of PhotoShop going on in it. The video though doesn't :)

By the way Chris, I looked at your video on your BMS project and if you'd like me to re edit it for you with some Audi instead of the super fast text that's too quick to read I can do it.

Lol, are you not familiar with ' make-them-re-read-till- they-make-sense-of-it' method of increasing your hit rate ? It was the eighth most watched video in the auto section yesterday at one point !. Anybody who clicked on 'most viewed' and 'most popular' in the car section would have got some EV exposure from that, it was more popular than some of J clarkson's vids even !.

I know it needs re-doing, but I'm going to leave it for now because there is more to be added soon and a new video to be made, but maybe I could let you know when it's ready and you can co-produce for me ? I'm very much the geek techy sort and struggle to make the things which are obvious to me make sense to people who don't normally get interested in the same things.

Anyway, I was in California a few years ago, I felt it's all got a very much man-made feel to it, in a nice way usually, but that image with the Aptera looks outstanding, and I could well believe if it if you think it has had some plastic surgery

qdos

Postby qdos » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:13 am

Hi Chris,

Sure I'm happy to do some video editing if you would like for you.

By the way I've spent quite a lot of time in CA in the past but away from all the glitz and plastic. Very much in the more down to earth California where I helped a friend with her ranchette and we did a few cattle drives up in the mountains and some other things. Different world to the UK entirely though We'd drive into town in a 7.25 litre pick-up-truck but we'd take the horses and wagons often just for the hell of it and cos it's more fun. I even went to a Burger King Drive Thru on a Stage Caoch :lol:

ChrisBarron

Postby ChrisBarron » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:21 am

qdos wrote:Hi Chris,

Sure I'm happy to do some video editing if you would like for you.

By the way I've spent quite a lot of time in CA in the past but away from all the glitz and plastic. Very much in the more down to earth California where I helped a friend with her ranchette and we did a few cattle drives up in the mountains and some other things. Different world to the UK entirely though We'd drive into town in a 7.25 litre pick-up-truck but we'd take the horses and wagons often just for the hell of it and cos it's more fun. I even went to a Burger King Drive Thru on a Stage Caoch :lol:

Only in America, as they say !

I'm glad I went to the Northern part first before I saw the likes of California and LA in particular. I was sent to Boston on a training course for a previous job I was doing. It had been the longest period without snow on record and the temperatures for the first few days were 14C on the day of arrival, which was where it had been for weeks. The next day it was 3.5C, and the next -8C. By day four it was below -10C and stayed their for the rest of the five weeks. Apparently it was the turn of the 'arctic blast' which 'just happens' at that time of year, when the arctic winds swing downwards and start blowing cold air straight from the north.

But before the snow came and the sea froze (what a sight) New England looked like a Hollywood-made autumn scene postcard, with dropped brown and golden maple leaves all around and wooden shingle-roof houses lining wide boulevard streets.

We took in sports events in the big stadiums, and although not a sports fan here I would recommend anyone visiting the states to go and see some stadium games, or Hockey or basketball, just to see that ball games and spectator enjoyment can go hand in hand.

Return to “Hot off the press....”