New Owner for C5alive

Own C5 or just want to know more about these little EV's from the 80's then click here to enter their world.
booboo

New Owner for C5alive

Postby booboo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:08 am

From the C5alive website 8)

" It gives me great pleasure to inform you all that C5alive now has a new owner !!

I am 100% sure everyone will be chuffed to hear that Karl ( booboo ) will become the new owner as of a week on saturday after agreeing to buy the business for a cheap price of £2.6 million ( hey ! what can I say, he obviously knows its worth £4 million !!! )

As much as I am extremely gutted and sad that I am having to sell C5alive due to my poor health, I cant think of anyone in the world who would be as perfect for the helm of C5alive than Karl. He has the right enthusiam and attitude to take the business to new heights and I know it will continue in the true spirit of what C5alive is all about.

I have really really enjoyed running the business over the last 17 months. The success of the monthly meetings including the big London to Brighton run will always go down in my life as something to be proud of. Also, over the last 17 months C5alive have raised alot of money for charity, with £300 being raised on the first ever meeting, a further £1200 raised on the big L2B run, and also I have always made a point of dontaing a percentage of all profits over the last year - so in total I think C5alive has raised over £3,000 for charity. C5alive have also been in Evo magazine, many newspapers and local radio stations and even had a mention on Channel 4 which I hope has gone a fair way to making the C5 "known to the world" again !

However, I am not leaving the C5 scene.

I will still be at all the meetings and enjoying it just as much.

Also, as Karl and I discussed, I will still be offering a C5 repair and restoration service ( solely via C5alive ) and I will still also be supplying C5alive with quality used C5's for sale. I will also still be hiring out my C5's for events, again, solely via C5alive.

I am really going to miss being Mr. C5alive man as I love it so much, so its great that I will still be getting involved with C5's in the repair and servicing, supplying and hiring side of things.

I know you will all welcome Karl to the helm. The official hand over date is next saturday. Any orders placed before that date, as well as any orders still outstanding, will be sorted out before this date. After that date, please be aware that there may be a very slight delay in sending out orders while we go through the change over details.

So lets all here you shout your votes of confidence for Karl, we all know he is going to do a superb job, so lets all tell him so as I know how nerving it is when taking over - I have been there myself !!

Mark
Soon to be ex-C5alive ( sniff sniff ) "

A new chapter of my life seems to have begun.... :P
London to Brighton on a Sinclair C5 - 6/5/07 - what a trip !
Ford Explorer 4.0 v6 petrol for everyday abuse - thank God for LPG
Sinclair C5's (Plus "c5alive.co.uk" ) as a hobby

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:16 am

Excellent. The obvious person in my mind to become the new owner

Good Luck ! and Congratulations :)

booboo

Postby booboo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:29 pm

qdos wrote:Excellent. The obvious person in my mind to become the new owner

Good Luck ! and Congratulations :)

Thanks mate, most appreciated.

Still calming my nerves at the moment, quite a big step purchasing my very first business :wink:

The only downside is funding the purchase of C5alive gobbled up my money for new mini-el batteries :roll:

Still, once the millions start to roll in I can go for gold plated Li-Ions... :D

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:10 am

Knowing you you'd probably go and blow it on gold plating a few C5s !

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:14 pm

I when I first saw it up for sale I was very tempted to say "so Karl when are you going to buy it" :lol:

Well done, and good luck with the new C5alive, sorry to see Mark sell it but glad to see a member purchase it.

OMG what have you done :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have fun and keep us upto speed with how you are getting on with it.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

booboo

Postby booboo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:23 pm

wow - now I know why tradesmen seem to work in their own timezone :shock:

I've spent the past week sorting out the changeover details with suppliers for C5alive. Stuff I thought would take a brief 10mins phone call saw me spend several mornings on the phone. It was almost as if my clocks in the house were on some sort of "fast forward" mode.

The exciting part is watching all the stock arive, it's also getting quite funny watching the family ripping open pacels in a sort of "its Christmas everyday" frenzy ...bet the novelty soon wears off though !

Looking forward to getting the paperwork sorted on Saturday and getting all the website & forum passwords and all the tech info etc.

I'm having fun with it so far 8)

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:33 pm

The power........ THE POWER........THE POWER

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad your enjoying it so far 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Sinclair C5”