My Sinclair C5

Own C5 or just want to know more about these little EV's from the 80's then click here to enter their world.
qdos

Postby qdos » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:24 am

booboo wrote:Bournemouth was great , but there is a huge drawback to "going coastal" - the bloody sand gets everywhere :shock: . Took me days to clean up the C5 afterwards, and I'm still finding sand in it even now ! :wink:

Top venue though :D

I'm glad you said that not me ;) people might think I was biased. making sand castles with your C5 though was just asking for trouble.

There's some great events which regularly take place round Bournemouth and Poole It's a superb place to visit for a break too.

Gordon Bennet I'm beginning to sound like a commercial :shock: Sale ends Friday! :shock: eeeek!

C5alive.co.uk

Postby C5alive.co.uk » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:16 am

booboo wrote:Big thank-you to Mark at C5alive , what a top dude !

Cheers mate, but its got to be said, the meetings for the C5'ers would not have been half as fun, or succesful, without mad people like yourself there !!

Qdos, we dont have any plans to go back to Bournemouth just yet, but meetings are being planned near to there. Southampton being one of the planned venues and also, although a little further, Weston-Super-Mare in October.

Will keep you posted as it would be great to meet up !!

Mark
C5Alive

qdos

Postby qdos » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:09 am

C5alive.co.uk wrote:Qdos, we dont have any plans to go back to Bournemouth just yet, but meetings are being planned near to there. Southampton being one of the planned venues and also, although a little further, Weston-Super-Mare in October.

Will keep you posted as it would be great to meet up !!

Mark
C5Alive

There's the Hampshire Pageant Of Motoring at the August Bank holiday at Romsey near Southampton I've got some space on a stand there it's a great show with lots of other mad folk too.

C5alive.co.uk

Postby C5alive.co.uk » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:47 am

That sounds great, would love to come along if possible. Can you give me some more details ?

Thanks

Mark
C5Alive

qdos

Postby qdos » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:11 am

C5alive.co.uk wrote:That sounds great, would love to come along if possible. Can you give me some more details ?

Thanks

Mark
C5Alive

Yes it's the largest motoring event on the South Coast it's on the 26th and 27th August with air display as weel as lots of top class things in the main arena being demonstrated.

Keep watching the BVS area groups pages on the main BVS site particularly this one South Coast contact details there :)

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:46 pm

Your always welcome down my neck of the woods (Portsmouth area) not only sand free :P but also lovely and flat 8)
ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:51 am

So, are you getting a BVS marquee then Kelvin? We should start working to make the regional stands as standard in appearance as we can and professional to boot. :)
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

qdos

Postby qdos » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:17 am

aminorjourney wrote:So, are you getting a BVS marquee then Kelvin? We should start working to make the regional stands as standard in appearance as we can and professional to boot. :)

If you've got one I'll happily use it.

Actually There's a chap in the village here (and it's a very small village) who supplies those folding marquees so I can find out about one. Perhaps some of those curvey shaped banner flag things though miught be more practical and cheaper as we could post them to who ever needs them at a venue.

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:26 am

Yup - but don't you like being dry!? *wink*

I think once the BVS has some more members we'll maybe able to get some of those snazzy vinyl display boards that you can get. They'd look awesome!
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

qdos

Postby qdos » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:47 am

aminorjourney wrote:Yup - but don't you like being dry!? *wink*

Pah! Roofs are for whimps! Now I must go an sort out my lunch before I set off for Newbury :wink:

Return to “Sinclair C5”