Saietta motorcycle

An area for all you bikers who now run your two wheeler on battery power, scooter owners to.
timpootle

Saietta motorcycle

Postby timpootle » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Expensive, high performance bike with 100 mile range.

http://www.agilitymotors.com/
Tim Crumpton

ChrisBarron

Re: Saietta motorcycle

Postby ChrisBarron » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:22 am

Volume sales will bring prices down....as long as technology keeps improving then the next new bikes will be incrementally better than the last and then we reach the tipping point for most people, which I imagine amounts to a few days general use without charging, and fast recharging with charge points at motorway service stations for the longer journeys.

I've often wondered, from even before contactless charging became the goal, why we don't put power transmission lines in the road surface and let cars which drive over them collect the power. With a large enough coil under the cars and with wires carrying DC installed zig-zag across the surface a moving vehicle could pick up power as it drove along.

Anyway, I liked this bike ! I've also toyed with the idea of lengthening my bike's swingarm and mounting the motor right onto it. I especially like the embedded and solidly mounted gearbox, and all that extra weight is mounted up at the pivot end of the swingarm so doesn't add too much to the unsprung weight at the rear wheel, so doesn't adversely affect damping and traction or handling too much.

Chris

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:24 pm

That has to be the most ugly Electric bike ever. The hump over the battery box makes it look totally out of proportion. I dont imagine its the most comfortable machine to ride either.

I was recently looking at a Brammo, http://www.brammo.com/empulse/
quite a different style, still huge with the battery box but not so imposing with no extra cover

Grumpy-b

irm750

Postby irm750 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:17 pm

Now that Brammo is an e-mpressive bike!

Where were you looking at that, is there a dealer in the UK?

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:52 pm

Only looking at photos and reports, an electric MC is needed for a film, and I was researching them. I have seen an early Brammo that was brought over for use with action shots with cameras mounted on it, and helped to sort its US charger out on set. That one has never been registered for road use so its unlikely to ever get on the UK roads.

Grumpy-b

flaninacupboard

Postby flaninacupboard » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:23 am

Grumpy-b wrote:Only looking at photos and reports, an electric MC is needed for a film, and I was researching them. I have seen an early Brammo that was brought over for use with action shots with cameras mounted on it, and helped to sort its US charger out on set. That one has never been registered for road use so its unlikely to ever get on the UK roads.

Grumpy-b

I was pretty sure I saw a Brammo in the film Oblivion.

Return to “Electric Motor Bikes”