Electric Car - Market Research (UK Only)

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.

Would you buy one?

Yes
14%
Yes, but it's expensive
29%
No, too expensive
57%
No, not enough range
No votes
No, car is too small
No votes
No, only SVA not type approved
No votes

Total votes: 7

Aesysct

Electric Car - Market Research (UK Only)

Postby Aesysct » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi

I am not selling anything, just trying to get some information.

We are looking at converting 3 and 5 door 2001 VW polos, to lead acid battery electric power. We have a demo unit that runs around 90 miles at up to 95mph, and can support additional batteries offering up to 150mile range (maintains 95 top speed, slightly slower acceleration).

The vehicles would be SVA approved, on original registration plates. Full VW original interior with only modifications to instrument binnacle. Use of gear box, first and second would be blocked off (too much wheel spin (250lb ft motor)), so third, fourth, fifth and reverse (Gear stick numbers changed, you wouldn't even know about the loss of gears, unless told!).

New parts warranty only. Where the original vehicle has crunched gears, old clutch or shoddy brakes, these will be replaced with top quality aftermarket units (mintex, ap, etc) and rust treated / repaired.

The buyer would need to understand the limitations of this type of vehicle, (reduced cold weather range, 3 year life expectancy on battery pack, etc)

A 20% deposit would allow you to confirm the specification, like paint and add optional extras, including x-range battery, wheels, sound system etc.

£19,000.
We might be willing to offer third party credit.

How many people would be interested?

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:22 pm

Interesting concept although I'm curious as to the 90mile range with Lead Acid batteries ?

My Fiesta conversion which while I'll admit wasnt the best would still only be good for 75mph and a real life range of around 35miles tops keeping it within a speed of 30-35mph, and that had 300kg of lead acids in it.

It would be interesting to see the demo vehicle, do you have a website or are you likely to be demo'ing at any of the shows ??

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”