I actually saw a Tesla on the road yesterday

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
Jon Fray

I actually saw a Tesla on the road yesterday

Postby Jon Fray » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:26 pm

I don't suppose they're common yet, so thought I'd mention that I saw a kermit green Tesla car being driven in Richmond Park yesterday (speed limit = 20) - near Roehampton Gate to be even more precise.

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:35 pm

Fantastic! I wonder how many have been delivered in the UK, and how many orders they have for the Model S.
Tim Crumpton

eco-wheels

Postby eco-wheels » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:35 am

I "popped in" to their showroom on Thursday 24/09 but they couldn't talk too much as the shipment of cars had arrived that week and they were too busy organising deliveries (Thats what they said anyway - I'm sure it wasn't anything to do with me turning up in scruffy jeans and T-shirt).

Those who attended the electrothon at the weekend were lucky enough to see an "older version - R reg" in action on the track - and the graphics were much better!
:D

eco-wheels

Postby eco-wheels » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:50 am

Jon, just a thought - does a branny e-car require a running in period? I never thought about it until you mentioned the speed.

Have we got the beginnings of a new thread? I am sure there is a lot of scope to start a nice big argument here.

GregsGarage

Postby GregsGarage » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:24 am

eco-wheels wrote:Jon, just a thought - does a branny e-car require a running in period? I never thought about it until you mentioned the speed.

Possibly, some reports around that deeply discharging LiFePo4 cells when brand new can harm them.
Greg Fordyce

Daewoo Matiz
http://www.evalbum.com/4191

Jon Fray

Postby Jon Fray » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:20 pm

Eco-wheels, I'm not qualified to comment on the running-in thing. I really only mentioned it because I felt there was a little irony that a car whith such a high top speed was pootling around Richmond park.

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”