Grants for conversion to electric power

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
dargles

Grants for conversion to electric power

Postby dargles » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi, Folks.
I came across a thought that maybe a grant exists to encourage conversion of petrol cars to run as EVs. I've made a brief search and only come up with a grant to convert from petrol to lpg. Does anyone know if such a grant exists or used to exist, or is this an urban myth?
Regards, David

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:01 pm

Hi David,

I don't know of such a grant - and have similarly googled for it several times in the past.

If anyone hears of one do let me know, because I would want to make all of our members aware of it, if such a thing exists to help private individuals.

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:07 pm

Sadly not, tried this when I built the feista, during the time LPG conversions and grants where being offered and so I tried to get them to do the same for EV's but to no avial :cry:

Then I looked deeper at the whole grant side of things for LPG and it soon became apparent that it was totally pointless, like a lot of these so called grants :roll:

From memory you could only get a grant for a new to 3yrs old vehicle, the conversion HAD to be done by a company charging twice the price of anyone else and thus any gain made got swallowed up by them :( suspect an EV version would be the same.

Of course it doesnt matter now because the savings made on LPG are no where near as good as they where in the past, because as per the norm once folk start going for it, because its cheap fuel, the .gov just taxes it higher.

Wonder when they will catch on to us EV'ers :shock: :cry: mark my words they will :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

floydster
Site Staff

Postby floydster » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:25 am

Some local authorities offer interest free green loans, could be worth checking out your area. I seem to remember hearing that this type of loan was going to be made available nationally to businesses.

Floydster
I know I'm in my own world - it's OK, they know me here.

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”