Now the owner of Berlingo EV and Peugeot Partner EV

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
sunandwindy

Now the owner of Berlingo EV and Peugeot Partner EV

Postby sunandwindy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:39 am

Just putting it out there...

Already asked a few questions on the Berlingo, but no doubt I'll be asking more as I get to use them more.

Bought a Citroen Berlingo EV van a few weeks a go. Nice condition, but the range was less than half of what the seller claimed. Won't get caught like that again. I still have to drop the batteries to test all the cells. Once I've sorted this van out, it will have to go as I don't need two EV's.

After the above disaster I bought an Allied Electric converted Peugeot Partner Tepee, however this time around I convinced the owner to let me drive it to the limit (read that as range). Well after driving it around the Sussex countryside I manage to get a range of 60 miles before going back and purchasing the car.

I found the get up and go rather sluggish compared to the Berlingo and you had to keep an eye on the ammeter to avoid going over 200A, otherwise it would simply STOP! Bit of a bummer when there's no where to pull in and you have a line of traffic behind you. Not sure if anything can be done about that stupid situation. The ammeter is in the centre of the dash by the radio, perhaps some coloured LED's above the dash/steering wheel would be a better idea (have to investigate further).

With regards to buying EV's, I had been asking vendors if they're happy to test the range, one that replied said I only need to do a ten minute test drive, that would be enough to establish the range???? Okay, move on, nothing to see here.

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”