General questions about the BMS project here please.

Threads relating to the BMS system begun by Peter Perkins

Moderators: GregsGarage, retepsnikrep

jackbauer

Re: General questions about the BMS project here please.

Postby jackbauer » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Ok i have 2 serial codes from the sensors:

sensor 1 : 28F6877E020000B6

sensor 2 : 28F6C57E020000DC

From what i can see pic basic pro costs $250. Not an option for me right now. Could i impose upon your good self to recompile the master code with these ids? Sorry for being a pain!

retepsnikrep

Postby retepsnikrep » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Greg may be able to help you, I'm away on holiday and don't have access to my working pbpro.

The edited source code incorporating your sensor data is attached and just needs compiling.
Attachments
Jack_MASTER_V25_250111_MPASM_185V.zip
(15.49 KiB) Downloaded 1385 times
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

jackbauer

Postby jackbauer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Thanks a lot. Its up an running. Bit the bullet and lashed pbpro on the credit card :). I figure its a good investment as i'll need to make changes to the current sensor code soon (going to use a lem hass 300-s). Can't be annoying you guys everytime i need a code change :)

GregsGarage

Postby GregsGarage » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:27 am

jackbauer wrote:Could i impose upon your good self to recompile the master code with these ids? Sorry for being a pain!

Sorry I missed that request, internet had been playing up here for the past couple of days, sounds like your getting on just fine Damien.
Greg Fordyce

Daewoo Matiz
http://www.evalbum.com/4191

jackbauer

Postby jackbauer » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Yeh i'm getting there. Stuggling a bit with the speed sensor input and calcs today!

retepsnikrep

Postby retepsnikrep » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:19 pm

Remember all the speed sensor calcs and current sensor stuff is specific to my vehilce/specs. Mods to the circuit and code are highly likely to be reqd for different setups.

The wh/mile stuff never has worked properly, the maths and coding reqd is probably beyond me. It all needs some serious work.

The master still needs an accurate one second timming loop to make the soc calcs anything like accurate.
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.

jackbauer

Postby jackbauer » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:29 pm

Yep i'm modding the code for my setup regards current sensor etc. Regards the timing loop , if i remember correctly (been a while!) the pic keeps count of clock cycles used for any given program , branch or loop. So could we not just count the cycles used , hence time and use that for SOC? I'll look into it myself.

I cannot seem to get the device to accept a signal generator signal on pin 12 for vss. 5v pk and varied freq and pulse width with no luck. I've entered a fixed speed in software to allow testing.

martinwinlow

Postby martinwinlow » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:31 am

P, On the I2C programming issue, I take it you are supposed to put them in one at a time for each reading not one first then then add the next in parallel? If you do the latter you still end up with 2 codes but one is different....

Am I right in thinking that my current Master version - PBP_MASTER_V13_210710.hex - has an issue with the second I2C temp not working?

Would it be possible (desirable) to have the Master software read and save the I2C temp serial codes to eeprom on its own without having to re-program the Master code... am I being ungrateful? :? MW
Regards, Martin Winlow
Herts, UK
http://www.evalbum.com/2092
www.winlow.co.uk

retepsnikrep

Postby retepsnikrep » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:53 am

martinwinlow wrote:P, On the I2C programming issue, I take it you are supposed to put them in one at a time for each reading
Correct

Am I right in thinking that my current Master version - PBP_MASTER_V13_210710.hex - has an issue with the second I2C temp not working?
NAFAIK

Would it be possible (desirable) to have the Master software read and save the I2C temp serial codes to eeprom on its own without having to re-program the Master code... am I being ungrateful? :? MW
I tried that some time ago and could not get it to work correctly, even the pbpro forum could not help one byte of the sensor code kept getting corrupted. So you have to enter them in manually and recompile at present.

Don't forget a tiny error in those I2C numbers means it wont work
Regards Peter

hohisilver

Postby hohisilver » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:29 pm

Ok, getting closer to starting my BMS build, so here are a few questions:

1. What's the tiny board - is it the remote transmitter, and if so is there a schematic/parts list for it? (I found AM-RT4-433FR on Farnell, is this the transmitter module used?)
2. I'd like to build and play with the master first - are there any problems not having slaves connected, if so can I just populate the first slave on my 25-cell?
3. What's the most up-to-date schematic for the slave(s)?

TIA
Ian.

A train station is where the train stops. A bus station is where the bus stops. On my desk, I have a work station....

Return to “BMS thread”