Citroen C1 VTR EV'ie

Dedicated to the conversion sold by the now defunct Electric Car Company

Moderator: mattcarr

mattcarr

Re: Citroen C1 VTR EV'ie

Postby mattcarr » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:42 pm

Been having a look at the car again today. I took the battery box cover off the box under the bonnet. The Cells are all fairly closely matched. I happened to do this towards the end of a charge and watched as the battery pack voltage started to climb from 88 volts up to 101.7 when the charger turned off.

The car has got 25 cells. They are the Thundersky 160ah ones. Lots of small wires come from each connector and go of to the what I think is the BMS.

This has got me wondering how easy would it be to add more cells in to the series to make a larger battery pack. I am wondering if the meter in the car works along the lines of counting the current to work out SOC - so if I just added in more cells the car would draw less current and the SOC meter should still work okay.

Only thing to take in to consideration is the charger. I would have to get that set up to account for the extra voltage in the pack. Unless I bought a small pack with it's own charger and BMS and lust bolted it on the end of the existing pack. Does anyone think that this is feasable? or am I just over simplifying things.
Attachments
batts.jpg
This is the front battery box with 16 160ah Thundersky Cells in it.
batts.jpg (120.72 KiB) Viewed 14039 times

mattcarr

Re: Citroen C1 VTR EV'ie

Postby mattcarr » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:17 pm

We went to the Goodwood electrathon this weekend and decided to make a weekend of it. We firstly set off from home to Portsmouth to have a mooch around the shops. The NCP carpark at the Tesco shop has got 4 Chargemaster points so we plugged in to get a top up charge while walking around the shops. This was the first 13 miles of the trip. A couple of hours later we set off to Chichester to grab some lunch before heading to the Goodwood Hotel. This was the next 12 miles. We got a top up charge at the Chargemaster points at the big Waitrose while having a walk around Chichester. We then headed off to the Hotel at Goodwood. Unfortunately they currently do not have any charging points there - but a letter will be in the post to then mentioning Zero Carbon World. It happened to be a frosty night so in the morning the car battery pack was cold and the voltage sagged quite a big when we were driving to the Goodwood track - but it was only a couple of miles up the road. We got on site to the BVS stand and plugged in to get a charge. The car was at 50% when we arrived so we knew it would take a few hours to get a full charge. We had a good day and I got to meet a few new faces from the BVS. There was lots of interest in the stand and got to talk to lots of people about my car.
We had to leave a bit before the end of the day as we had an appointment in Portsmouth at 5 - and the car had a nice toasty warm battery pack and the drive from Goodwood to Portsmouth was over very quickly. The car sat at a nice steady 55 - 60 all the way and we were there before we knew it. We also had the heater on full while travelling and the car was nice an toasty warm on the way thanks to the 3kw heater. Parked again in the Tesco's car park and took advantage of the Chargemaster point for a top up before heading home at about half 7. Total of 85 miles driven this week end.

My car now has 13146 all electric miles on the clock.

Return to “ECCPLC C1 ev'ie”