BMS software

Dedicated to the conversion sold by the now defunct Electric Car Company

Moderator: mattcarr

Grumpy-b

Re: BMS software

Postby Grumpy-b » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:46 pm

I think the change to 93v makes little difference to range. maybe 1 or 2 miles. But it does in my view give the cells a better life. Especially as they get older they do seem to drift more with an increasing number going from the magic 3.4v quickly up to 4.1+ so in reality it may make very little overall range difference, Once the end of CC has been reached then the BMS will continue to bleed the higher cells and after charge the BMS will continue to talke the whole pack down to the lowest cell voltage. So any gain by letting a few go up to 4.1+v will be lost as they will be bled back down again.
As for setting the cut back point. A poor cell/ low voltage will trigger the BMS to cut back, and the 25% cut back is set in the curtis and can be changed with the 1314 software and coupler or the 1311 programmer.

Grumpy-b

techmind

Postby techmind » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:37 am

Grumpy-b : i am interestet in the zivan conversion You wrote about, including guide and parts needed, ;) michael

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:01 pm

Im just adding some images and a revision to the guide. I will post a price for the parts etc after the weekend. I have a new batch of Eproms coming and so will base my price on those.

GRumpy-b

techmind

Postby techmind » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:45 am

Hey, great ;)

Yesterday i made an experiment, i simply removed the connector from BMS to zivan at 93volt, the connector is nammed 'zivan on/off'. If the BMS still runs, then i seems very easy to let a arduino sense charge voltage and disable 'zivan on/off. Is there any problems in this hack? The bdi stilk say 100%

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:22 am

You could do that but why bother when the charger will happily do it itself, and probably much cheaper than using an arduino, case etc etc.
I can supply the instructions, the eprom, the multi turn pot, and small jumper cable for £45 inc Delivery and VAT

I hate making things more complex than they need to be, as complexity often = unreliability, more things to go wrong.

Grumpy-b

techmind

Postby techmind » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:43 pm

oki, you might be right ;)

I made a schematic and beta print arduino shield layout today http://techmind.dk/citroen-c1-evie-elbil/modifikationer/zivan-ng3-citroen-c1-bms-hack/ for the hack, and will make a pcb next week.

But, i think i should buy the zivzn reprogram kit from you. What is the multiturn pot for ?

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:27 pm

To set the voltage at which cc ends. And replace the opto resistive device that has been put in the charger enabling the BMS to control it.

Grumpy-b

techmind

Postby techmind » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi, i desided to but the fix from You. My arduino fix Works fine, but after a charge to 75% i needed the car for a shirt trip, and now the curtis voltage show 8-10 volt more than the voltage on the batteries. So now at 93 volt on batteries, curtis meter show something like 80%. Is there some way to reset This? How can i pay for your hack ?

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:43 pm

Not sure what you are seeing.
The Curtis controller needs to see a pack voltage of over 91v to reset to 100% Sounds like you have somehow caused something to read an incorrect voltage. You should go back over the conversion you have made with your Arduino and see where the mistake is. Just converting the charger wont solve this problem. You must undo what you have done and find the error., so the curtis is once agains reading the correct voltages.

Grumpy-b

techmind

Postby techmind » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:02 pm

looks like there is a capacitor inside the curtis. The day after i drive in the car and voltage back to normal, so alll works fine now

Return to “ECCPLC C1 ev'ie”