So should I buy one ??

An area for the most popular EV in years, and her sisters
Flying John
Site Staff

So should I buy one ??

Postby Flying John » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:40 pm

So - after suffering withdrawal symptoms since the trusty old Blingo went, I have been offered a 61 plate leaf with a fairly high mileage of 34,000, owned battery in reasonable shape - owned by a doctor.

Problem is I am not sure what I should pay for it ? We buy any car has a buy in price of only £2560 , but I am surprised as I have not seen any available at that sort of money, otherwise I would have bought one before now.

Dealers prices seem to be abut £7k and upwards.

Whats a fair price ??

What should I check - are there any menu options that will tell me the health of the battery pack etc. Are there any gotchas.

Would welcome any advice.

John

skooler

Re: So should I buy one ??

Postby skooler » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:56 pm

Flying John wrote:So - after suffering withdrawal symptoms since the trusty old Blingo went, I have been offered a 61 plate leaf with a fairly high mileage of 34,000, owned battery in reasonable shape - owned by a doctor.

Problem is I am not sure what I should pay for it ? We buy any car has a buy in price of only £2560 , but I am surprised as I have not seen any available at that sort of money, otherwise I would have bought one before now.

Dealers prices seem to be abut £7k and upwards.

Whats a fair price ??

What should I check - are there any menu options that will tell me the health of the battery pack etc. Are there any gotchas.

Would welcome any advice.

John

£6-£8k seems about right :)
Posts by Mike Schooling
Director and tech lead at indra.co.uk

Mazda RX8, Soliton Jr, 24KWH Sinopoly LiFePO4, Kostov 11alpha
http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/sh ... 61556.html

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:10 pm

So I bought it - hi mileage at 35000 for a 2011 but a good price. Needs a bit of TLC to clean up but it was about the same price as I paid for my 4 yr old Blingo back in 2007. So if I get 7 yrs use out of the Leaf then I will be a happy bunny.

Taking a while to get my head round all the features and gizmo's though ! Bit differentto the Blingo.

John

willfromsussex

Postby willfromsussex » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:53 pm

well done, why did the berlingo go?
I have also been looking at leafs, damaged ones which are more my budget. Looking at one with 67,000 miles on it, that's pretty high!

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:52 pm

The range on the Berlingo was down to between 20 - 30 miles and I thought I would sell it while it still had some useful life left in it. Went without an EV for a year and then someone I knew had a leaf and they were selling it as they had ordered a Tesla (deep pockets)!

So it has done about 38,000 miles and is one bar down, but is capable of 50miles fairly easily and with quick charge points at most motorway services takes most of the worry out of running out of range, although could do with more charge points in mid and east Kent.

The previous owner had worked it quite hard in his 4 year ownership, but I dont do many miles a year so in 2 or 3 yrs time it will be an average mileage car and hopefully will still have useful range.

willfromsussex

Postby willfromsussex » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:13 pm

went and test drove a 2015 leaf today. Surprisingly quick.

Return to “Nissan LEAF, NV200”