Heater repair

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Joe T

Postby Joe T » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:36 pm

How about sticking some petrol injector cleaner through it?

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:51 pm

That is something I've wondered about along with some "dry fuel" additive which claims to remove water from fuel, just incase the tanks got some condensate in it :?

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Richard Elliott

Postby Richard Elliott » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:51 am

My heater fault light has been on ever since I bought 'Sparky' 2 years ago. I put some petrol in the tank but that made no difference. As I live in the balmy SW end of the country I haven't done any more about it and the light is just an old friend. Anyway, it did get a bit cold recently resulting in a couple of exciting after dark trips peering through a tiny hole in the frosted windscreen which rapidly froze over. Cardboard over the windscreen strategic times has solved the problem for the mornings, and, a jolly little electric heater that plugs into the cigarette lighter bought for a fiver in the local bargain store. I put the roll-up partition between front and lback up to reduce the volume it has to heat. It produces enough warmth to take the chill off and doesn't draw any appreciable current.
So, that's my solution to a dodgy heater and it also means your'e not using fossil fuel in an electric van!
Richard Elliott

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:32 am

Richard Elliott wrote:My heater fault light has been on ever since I bought 'Sparky' 2 years ago. I put some petrol in the tank but that made no difference. ......................

Fault light ??? didnt think it had one, mine certainly hasnt. well I dont think it has ??
Where abouts on the dash is it Richard

ChrisB

Richard Elliott

Postby Richard Elliott » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:25 am

Well. it isn't a fault light as such, its the low fuel warning. Its three wiggly lines pointing up and a jerry can with a cross on it. It comes on slowly after you first switch on. As I said, adding fuel to the tank (causing amusement at the local garage) didn't get it to go away, so I leave well alone with the heater controls!
Richard E

Richard Elliott

Postby Richard Elliott » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:30 am

Oh! Forgot to say where it is - about three quarters of the way along the row of lights directly under the knob in the energy meter for adjusting the time.
Richard E

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:45 pm

Sounds more like a fuel tank sender problem than a heater fault.
Tim Crumpton

NickJ

Postby NickJ » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:52 pm

Just to keep all informed of progress..or lack of it. I pulsed a load of petrol through the pump as Chris described. But the heater still runs for a minute or so and then shuts down. I think it is time to take it off the vehicle for further investigation over xmas...unless anyone has better ideas?

Nick

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:59 am

Im Having exactly the same problem, a few minutes running then nothing.
I should get the heater out this weekend and see if I can resolve it. Im sure its a fuel problem, as it always happens after filling up, probably when dirt is washed about the tank. Even if the pump runs the dirt may have made it to the burner unit. This time with a more lasting effect.

Grumpy-b

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:40 pm

Interesting as mine is oppersite, fill it with fresh fuel and its fine for a few weeks and then once its down to about 1/3 of a tank it keeps blowing out.

If you listen closely you can hear the pump ticking away, if its a fuel stavation issue you should be able to hear the pump ticking for a while after the flames gone out, then the safetys will cut in and it will go through a shut down procedure.

ChrisB

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”