Heater repair

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:47 pm

My guess is its relating to a lack of fuel getting through to the burner, not lack of fuel getting to the heater .

Still its all speculation until we take one apart.

Im now looking for a diesel one for my Multispace project, as by all accounts they are seriously reliable, and will burn virtually anything.

Grumpy-b

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:56 pm

Here we go again :roll:

Chilly morning and as per the norm no ticking from the pump :evil:

And of course no heat, suffered a chilly drive until the sun came out, mmmmmmm back to square one.

Typical had this job lined up for the summer ....... ah thats been and gone now :oops:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Linda_Kn

Heater repair

Postby Linda_Kn » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:04 pm

We now have a high quality repair harness for your heater fan. GM has been noted for having blower resistor pack and harness connector issues. When the resistor pack goes out you can almost bet that you will have at least one bad contact in the plug and most likely the house will be melted. You need to replace this before installing a new resistor pack, if you dont you will have a very short lived repair. Your harness repair kit comes with all new plug and contacts installed on high temp 12ga wire. Many places offer the same thing for over 35. But you can now get it here for 12 plus shipping. We will get it up on our web site with pictures in the next day or two.

Greg

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:58 pm

Greg you sure your on the right forum ??

ChrisB

EVan

Postby EVan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:47 pm

I have a spare heater and pump if anyone needs one.

NickJ

Postby NickJ » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Saga continues...

I thought I had solved this. I bit the bullet and sent the heater off to an authorised service agent having checked the pump as best I could ans was rewarded with a nice clean heater and a new burner cartridge fitted (oh and a bill for 180 pounds). I fitted the unit back to the blingo and it all fired up lovely. Jo went to work the next day all toasty and returned all cosy. Next day heater began to play up again and now is back to square one about a minute of running and then shuts down.

Time for a new pump? Blocked filter (if there is such in the system..never seen one)?

Getting cold now and need to get it sorted.

How much for the pump Evan?

any thoughts anyone....please!!!

N

cianof

Postby cianof » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:21 am

Here's a guide on the webasto thermo top C (I think that's the model of the heater in the Berlingo)

http://www.techwebasto.com/heater_main/technical_publications_germany/Workshop/63378A.pdf

Found this links here
http://forums.mg-rover.org/archive/index.php/t-114489.html

Could be the same heater as MG ZT / Rover 75

NickJ

Postby NickJ » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:21 pm

thanks for the link

will ponder and try and get it going this weekend.

:D

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:06 am

These are strange beasts. Mine worked. I filled up with fuel, it then didnt work. jumped the pin 6 to the pump and it works OK. Still no function.
Un plugged the main power feed , re connected and it now works again.

Im off to get an inline fuel filter to place before the pump.
Im convinced the pump gets either partially or fully blocked, so deliverers insufficient fuel. The burner goes to a flame out situation. Then locks out.

Try the main power dis/ reconnect.

Grumpy-b

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:32 pm

I'm wondering if because the tanks a plastic one and quite small we're getting a degree of condensation building up in the tank, if theres a basic filter in the tank or pump then the water blocks this up and thus starts to starve the heater of fuel and thus it flames out.

It was a job I meant todo in the summer was to pull the tank and pump off and inspect them for water, but as per the norm now its time to use the blasted thing its now I remember I should have done it :roll: :oops:

As for yours Nickj surely if its still playing up then a trip back to the menders and a polite word in their ear regarding your £180 quid , must admit it sounds awfully like water trying to get past a filter and thats limiting the fuel threw it.

ChrisB

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”