Electrical fault light - possible causes?

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:16 pm

Mines been on for months Chris - still drives the same.

ohp

Postby ohp » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:24 pm

I found that after a period of changing my driving style, it turned off. It initially lit up after a daily journey of 50-60mph dual carriageway stints.

Now I tend to keep off the dual carriageways, keeping them to less than 20% of the journey, and rarely exceeding 45mph, and the light has been off for some period of time.

This may purely be chance, though I'm reluctant to start regularly driving at high speed to test the hypothesis!

I wonder if the top speed of the vehicle isn't something that should be maintained for long periods - when I've heard of these vans failing, it's often been when they've been used daily at high speed for significant periods.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:44 pm

It could be anything related to the insulation break down from carbon build up to battery connection, I've also wondered if it could be condensation in side one of the crates :?

I think the only option is to carry out an insulation check on everything with a half decent tester, I've got a tester which will go up to 1000v which should track it down :wink: just need to find the time to strip off the controller and disconnect everything and then go round and check each bit (not the controller for obviouse reasons :wink: )

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

EVan

Postby EVan » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:09 am

ChrisB wrote:Here we go again :roll:

Couple of days of rain and damp weather and "ta da" on comes my Fault light :roll:

Suspect its a insulation fault again :?

Trouble is it never dam well does it in the summer when I dont mind rumaging about, noooooo it has to be raining blowing a hoooowly and cold :cry:

ChrisB

Well, water conducts...

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:27 pm

Exactly :wink:

I also remember when changing the batteries over the cables going into the connections on the crates appeared to have a thin smear of what looked like silicon round them, which of course I never replaced, well the cable enterences appeared to have a seal on them anyway ???

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Joe T

Postby Joe T » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:09 pm

Mmm, is this the same dash ECU light that comes on with the ECO gauge warning light, mine flashed up this morning for the first time.

I was doing about 40mph on roundabout exit, so cornering quite hard, it was a bit frosty out I wonder whether there could be a condensation issue?

EVan

Postby EVan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:04 pm

Joe T wrote:Mmm, is this the same dash ECU light that comes on with the ECO gauge warning light, mine flashed up this morning for the first time.

No. Check the manual, that is the light indicating that the battery is low.

The electrical fault light is the symbol of a diode with a lightning bolt (zigzag).

Joe T

Postby Joe T » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:49 pm

EVan wrote:
Joe T wrote:Mmm, is this the same dash ECU light that comes on with the ECO gauge warning light, mine flashed up this morning for the first time.

No. Check the manual, that is the light indicating that the battery is low.

The electrical fault light is the symbol of a diode with a lightning bolt (zigzag).

Thanks Evan, I did have a quick look in the manual and it stated that the eco light comes on with low power reserve or temp limit reached. I was on 45% and it was quite cold this morning maybe -2.

I could not tell which warning light it was. But I guess now it was the traction battery lamp.

Thanks

Joe

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”