Long range lithium conversion

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
harry morris

Re: Long range lithium conversion

Postby harry morris » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:25 pm

TIM you can fiddle about all you want once you've made the links out of copper pipe if you have to make any changes which is very likely it wont matter the copper tube is cheap and cheerful then if you like your creation you can grind the corners off have them nickel plated, cheers HARRY

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:57 am

Tim, hows the project going?

torchy-torchy

Postby torchy-torchy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:47 am

Hi Tim,
I recently purchased another Berlingo from Harry M and he told me of your conversion project. I converted my Berlingo to lead-acid, which reduced the range and used nearly all of the carrying capacity. I am now slowly replacing the 13 lead-acid's with Lithium cells. My overall system when complete will have a capacity of 120A/H which means I can use the existing charger and controller.
I hope you have sucess with your mammoth task.
Best Wishes,
Nigel

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:51 pm

torchy-torchy wrote:Hi Tim,
I recently purchased another Berlingo from Harry M and he told me of your conversion project. I converted my Berlingo to lead-acid, which reduced the range and used nearly all of the carrying capacity. I am now slowly replacing the 13 lead-acid's with Lithium cells. My overall system when complete will have a capacity of 120A/H which means I can use the existing charger and controller.
I hope you have sucess with your mammoth task.
Best Wishes,
Nigel

Sounds really interesting, be good if you could do a bit of a write up for the forum about it 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:45 pm

Yes, it would be very interesting to see what you have done Nigel.

Night Train

Postby Night Train » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:49 pm

How are you, and the Berlingo, doing Tim? I reckon it is time I had another play with the long range conversion now I am in a bit better health.

I found this http://gas2.org/2011/11/06/electric-delivery-van-goes-600-miles-on-a-single-charge/ that might be a challenge for you!
:)

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:04 pm

It moves! A house-move necessitated running the van sooner than I would have liked - I drove it round the block to my workplace. But it moved, under it's own power!!

The BMS doesn't seem to run off 12v battery, so I had no battery instrumentation and therefore drove very slowly. Also the brakes need bleeding.

I intend to bring it to the November social meet at the Romper on the 16th for people to see. Hopefully the brakes and BMS will be working by then.

Night-train : Glad to hear you're feeling better. Yes, come along and play. I'll let you know when I'm there. Not this weekend as I'm in Edinburgh for a Christening, but next week if you're free.

The 600 mile German car looks really good. You see; I wasn't crazy after all ;-)
Tim Crumpton

Night Train

Postby Night Train » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:06 am

Nothing mad about wanting and achieving a decent range on electric. :wink:

It would be good to catch up properly again.

I've done nothing at all with my project, too busy getting well and finding a new outlet for my skills to provide an income now that I am unable to teach.
PM me details of where and when you are around and I will arrange to come over.
:D

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:51 am

timpootle wrote:The 600 mile German car looks really good. You see; I wasn't crazy after all ;-)

You really SURE about that Tim :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought we were all a bit mad in the heed, and if you werent it definately helped if you were :lol: :lol:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:26 pm

timpootle wrote:It moves! A house-move necessitated running the van sooner than I would have liked - I drove it round the block to my workplace. But it moved, under it's own power!!

The BMS doesn't seem to run off 12v battery, so I had no battery instrumentation and therefore drove very slowly. Also the brakes need bleeding.

Sorted the BMS (monitor). I had picked the wrong socket in the fuse box!

Really need expert Berlingo advice for the next hurdle:

After hearing the "clunk" of the main contactors, I sat in "Park" for a minute or two watching the BMS. Before I had chance to move, the "eco" needle wavered from zero to the left several times, and then the
instruments all went off. Now the contactors will not pull in at all.

I trailered it to a friend's driveway just around the corner from my new house, but I am flummoxed as to my next move. I tried plugging in a borrowed (from John Kay) Lexia diagnostic box, but I don't think it
was talking to the car properly. I didn't see the maintenance charge menu selection which I have seen before using this box.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Tim Crumpton

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”