Rear ended !!!!

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Flying John
Site Staff

Rear ended !!!!

Postby Flying John » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:20 am

Bl**dy Hell - some numpty smacked into the back of me this morning - wasnt really their fault as another Numpty (a lady) smacked into the back of the one that rear ended me at a level crossing...

Luckily I tend to coast to a stop at this crossing and had a large gap twixt me and car in front with handbrake on so I didnt hit one in front.

She got out and said ---- "ooh dear sorry I pressed the wrong pedal....." :shock:

Anyway - It could do with a new rear bumper to bring her back to shiney new condition.

Within the hour Direct line contacted me to say all in hand. Local Citroen had been tasked with fixing it at no cost to me. Would I like a courtesy car.

I said no thankyou, dont want to cause higher premiums for everyone else and a bumper should only take an hour so I will wait. That way I can supervise the movement of "my little precious".

John

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:00 pm

Phew , that doesnt sound too bad John :?

When I saw the heading I was pictureing smashed rear battery crate etc etc.

Very wise to "supervise" the kiddies fitting the bumper.

So are you with Direct line ?? cos I didnt think they did EV's ?? or is this other persons insurance ?

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:55 am

Took it to the nominated authorised mercedes crash repair centre. Should have seen the bloke trying to start it :lol: :P

I did intervene and then gave him chapter and verse on the EV.

He was obviously aware of the hazards as he said he would have to get "repair methods" from Citroen like they do for the Prius if they were to do anything other than unclip the bumper and clip on a new one. I said I knew what the safe method of working was, but he wanted written documentation showing how to dissconnect the supply.

When it comes to having it done I will tell them that I will bring it there, make it "safe" and then they can push it around. Shouldnt take more than a couple of hours - although they have got to make holes for the reversing sensors.

Direct line is the person, behind the person that hit me insurance.

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:43 pm

Help !!!.

I have just got my Blingo back after the bumper has been replaced - but its not right.

Is it possible that anyone could take a picture of the underside of their rear bumper. About a third of the way in on from each side the underneath there are two plastic clips that retain the bottom of the plastic (the outer bumper trim) to the inner solid bumper part.

On mine these clips dont seem to line up so the bottom of the placcy wangs about. A piccy of someone elses would help me see what is not aligned properly.

John

john at johnluck.flyer.co.uk

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:52 pm

I'll try and grab a pic later this afternoon when I get back, but mines an early one so it might be different ??

Any chance you could take a snap of yours John ??? (ooo er mrs's :lol: )

ChrisB

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:41 pm

Its OK now thanks Chris - took it back and they admitted to only having repalced the outer shell and not the big bit of bumper that takes any knocks.

So they are going to do it properly now !.

Bloody Garages

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:27 pm

......and thats suppose to be main dealer service he :roll:

......and they wonder why they get so much stick, dont think I'd ever let a main dealer near my beloved Bingo

Glad ou have it sorted 8)

ChrisB

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”