106 being seriously used

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
arsharpe

106 being seriously used

Postby arsharpe » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:10 pm

This is just a quick note to let you know that I have joined the serious EV user brigade. This was my fourth day of a significant (40 mile) round trip commute that is due to last for a min of 3 months. Interestingly the company is in an industrial est called "Green Park", with a very visible wind turbine on site beside the M4. It worth having a look at their
web site. So I might try and see if they have any EV charge points - probably not, but worth asking anyway.

Anyway, the 106 is performing brilliantly. With its little "Electric Vehicle" sign on the back it has gained several stationary cars behind me who had people in them being quite animated with smiles on their faces and discussing the 106. Hopefully in a positive sense ;-)

The run is a pretty good one as follows:-

a) 7 miles involves a 50 mph route, ideal for keeping up with traffic and for this EV.
b) 5 mile dual carriageway section that is brilliant when going to work as it is slightly down hill so you can run at 60 mph most of the way although everyone else is hacking along as well. But it is a bit of a drag on the way back as takes quite a while to wind it up to 55 mph ;-)
c) the rest is slow town work or ring road which is easy to keep up with.

Anyway charge usage is about
107-72% (35%) going to work
72-30% (42%) returning from work.

So thanks to several of Grumpy-b's replacement cells the 106 seems to performing excellently. It will be interesting to see the effect of the cold weather, although the morning should be ok as the battery should be warm from the charging the night before.

Bentzon

Postby Bentzon » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:19 pm

Hehe good hear someone else using the vehicle like a real car and not driving like a 90 year old senior :P

I got problems keeping up wiht traffic with my saxo on 50mph roads around here due to most people driving 60mph on them.
I though about adding a text on the back saying "only 30hp sorry" :D wouldnt help on peoples myths about electric cars though.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:53 pm

Nice one Rob 8)

Yeah winter will be the testing time as you say, I suspect you'll have to get a fair bit gentler on it, and dont forget to cover the rad up once we start getting sub 10C I recon.
You should be OK until it gets to sub 5C thats when I've found battery capacity starts to really suffer.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

timpootle

Re: 106 being seriously used

Postby timpootle » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:49 am

arsharpe wrote: So I might try and see if they have any EV charge points - probably not, but worth asking anyway.

You may be in luck, Rob. I've just finished watching this week's episode of Carpool on www.llewtube.com

Robert Llewellyn interviews Dale Vince (Ecotricity man), who mentions that he intends to put charging points at all his main-road windmills, starting with Green Park, Reading. He says he is also talking to RoadChef to put charging points in Motorway services.
Tim Crumpton

EVan

Postby EVan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:52 pm

Cough! http://zerocarbonista.com/2008/07/03/mo ... omment-796

dale wrote:September 19, 2008 at 9:21 am Reply
Thanks Evan. I might take you up on that offer of advice, I’d be keen to make whatever we build compatible as far as possible with stuff already on the road. Our knowledge will be limited to the car we’re building, charging requirements wise.
I’m going to ask the owners of the site at Green Park if they’d allow us to install a charging point at the base of our turbine. Might be a good place to start.
Cheers.
Last edited by EVan on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:20 pm

Interesting link, although I suspect garages will just re-invent them selves as fast charge stations :wink:

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:10 pm

ChrisB wrote:Nice one Rob 8)

Yeah winter will be the testing time as you say, I suspect you'll have to get a fair bit gentler on it, and dont forget to cover the rad up once we start getting sub 10C I recon.
You should be OK until it gets to sub 5C thats when I've found battery capacity starts to really suffer.

ChrisB

So Rob, hows it going?, cant really get much colder can it :lol: .

I've given my berlingo a little holiday for the past week due to the freezing conditions no need to give the batts grief if I dont need to, also the huge amounts of salt the councils are putting down is never good for any vehicle :cry:

Last time I had the berlingo out in these temps I was lucky to get 40miles :(

ChrisB

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”