do berlingos batts lose charge if left sat

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
sticks

Re: do berlingos batts lose charge if left sat

Postby sticks » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:20 pm

cheers chris just checked your range post ,well before i noticed this problem i tested the van a month or so ago and if i remember rightly i got 52ish miles driving carefully at around 30mph and small stint of 50mph with the head lights and heater on constantly and a few hills ,but i havnt done a range check since ,is there any info i can read off the evlite which may help solve the riddle???

cheers

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:32 am

Not to my knowledge , but EVans the man that would really know :wink:

I've also had weird Energy meter readings if I recharge before 50% is reached, I think the main cause is the energy meter actually doesnt have any real relationship with the charger, thus if the charger is happy with the batteries i.e they are showing they are charged then it turns off, regardless of what the energy meter says.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

EVan

Postby EVan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:06 am

Charger stopping early: check the coolant in the left side of the radiator, that it is topped up and flows when the ignition or charger is running.

Odd problems with the energy meter usually go away when the vehicle is used regularly, at least occasionally below 50%, and recharged fully every time.

sticks

Postby sticks » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:09 pm

hi guys heres an update

i charged my van and this time it only charged to 85%ish and switched off :cry: so i plugged it back in to charge and sat in the drivers seat and watched it charge to see if it would go up anymore, while it was charging i noticed the red 12volt batt indicator on dash flashed once and sort of interupted the charge for a sec then a while after that the green charging light flashed red for 1 sec and sort of interupted the charge for a sec but HERES THE BIG BUT...it kept charging to 100% then over :) and then carried on for another 3hrs+, :D :D so i went out today done around 30 miles lots of hills and 40mph+ and im still on 60% and the range and power drain seems much better than even before well chuffed!

THE SUPER CHARGE

which leads on to has anybody had this happen before and any sort of diagnosis ,cheers

EVan

Postby EVan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:10 am

Check your 12V battery.

sticks

Postby sticks » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:41 am

i did just install new 12v batt other day when problem with undercharging started ,u think maybe neutral wire to chassis is lose?

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:29 pm

sticks wrote:i did just install new 12v batt other day when problem with undercharging started ,u think maybe neutral wire to chassis is lose?

Could well be a "negative" battery connection issue to the chassis , I'd check all the 12v connections around the battery and chassis and controller (becareful under the controller connection box as there 166vdc in there )

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

EVan

Postby EVan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:21 pm

sticks wrote:i did just install new 12v batt other day when problem with undercharging started ,u think maybe neutral wire to chassis is lose?

Doubt it, and I doubt that would cause an effect like this anyway. Still, no harm in checking.

sticks

Postby sticks » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:27 pm

well just charged the van earlier and it fully charged over 100% so hopefully the gremlins have gone

sticks

Postby sticks » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:58 pm

hi guys,it looks like my probs back :(

the van was 40% so i charged it ,checked this morning and only charged to 95%ish so i plugged it back in ,it stated to charge and make the warrrrrrrrr noise but after about 1 min the warrrrrrr noise dipped and the 12v batt light come on and then seconds later it stopped charging,,

its had a new 12v not even a month ago

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”