newbie ev berlingo owner:heater not working

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
tipidave1

newbie ev berlingo owner:heater not working

Postby tipidave1 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:03 pm

I am chuffed to bits with my new purchase. It was bought knowing that the webasto heater was not working. Does anyone have any idea where to start looking to fix it? The dash button has no effect (doesn't light up either). I have looked for the main fuse but not sure where it is located. Any ideas?
Thanks Dave

Jeremy

Re: newbie ev berlingo owner:heater not working

Postby Jeremy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:46 am

Use the search facility and all will be yours..........

To save you the bother, I have just searched for you and this thread popped up:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=105&start=0&hilit=heater

Jeremy

cianof

Postby cianof » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:41 am

Re: Heater button not lighting up.
There's contacts inside the button they may be corroded/dirty. Try removing the button and cleaning the contacts.

evanmjones

Postby evanmjones » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:52 pm

I know this isn't your problem but a story anyway. I got the van in March last year and other than a brief pressing the button to see that it lit up didn't use the heater for months. When I did come to use it, one chilly October night, I was hugely unimpressed. As far as I could tell it made no difference at all. I could hear it making a noise but there was pretty much no heat. I sulked.

It was two days before I noticed the round selector thing by the fan, the one with red / blue, hot / cold on it..... the arrow pointing at the blue gave me the hint that solved the problem.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:20 pm

I think we all have those senior moments everynow and then :lol: :lol:

We have sort of fixed Daves issue now, although the fix wasnt quite what I feel is quite right, as we ended up having to change some wiring over on the two mini relays that are on the right hand side under bonnet fuse box, I havent even got these relays on mine :?

But it seems to have made it work but I feel we may have defeated a lockout or micro switch that should stop the heater from working ???

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

EVan

Postby EVan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:07 pm

On some of them there's a cut-off switch that turns the heater off based on the fuel level (so that the heater doesn't run out completely and then lock out). If the light won't come on when you press the button (even with a full tank) then it's that.

On every one I've seen with this feature it's broken and stopped the heater from working. I've solved it on mine by bridging the two contacts on the back of the switch so that it doesn't care about the cut-off.
There probably is a relay involved somewhere but when it's -6 and you're trying to get the window de-iced to get home from work, needs must.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:26 pm

The light not coming on was just a blown bulb, the odd bit that I'm not use to is the pair of mini relays under the nearside fuse/relay box in the engine bay, mine hasnt got these ?

Must admit what your saying does ring true with these two relays being the lock out, thus what we have done will have fixed the issue 8)

Daves heater is different from mine a little and does have a different start up routine as well, I cant remember the number on it though :oops:

ChrisB

tipidave1

Postby tipidave1 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:19 pm

Thanks for the help Chris.

I will check the model number in daylight and report it just for the record. Anoher thought that I had was that perhaps the additional relay was a provision for the timer start or remote telestart options that are available.
I'm sure that in the fullness of time it will all come clear. Suffice to say that for now the interior is now roast toasty, with no ill effects noted to date. I plan to be at the meet on Friday evening.
Cheers
Dave

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:17 pm

tipidave1 wrote:I plan to be at the meet on Friday evening.
Cheers
Dave

Thats great Dave, had just PM'd you about that :lol: :lol: should have looked here first :oops:

ChrisB

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”