help my blingo wont go!

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
tipidave1

help my blingo wont go!

Postby tipidave1 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi All,
Any help greatfully received. I have been running my Blingo van for a couple of months now. Changed the brushes a couple of hundred miles ago. Running great...
Only today went to start and although showing 80% charge and econometer working there is no click and the motor won't start.
I don't really know where to start, I tried removing the main fuse and then disconnecting the connector to the control unit.

Any advice on what to do greatfully received... It was all going so well!

cianof

Re: help my blingo wont go!

Postby cianof » Thu May 27, 2010 9:51 pm

Was the gear in P or N when you started the van?

Any new warning lights?

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu May 27, 2010 10:10 pm

Oh no Dave :shock: :cry:

The EVlite should be able to tell you if its a PRND fault i.e gearshift error, cant remember which screen its on, think its the first one that shows the gear shifter position.

Another one could be a throttle pedal pot error.

Is the ECU warning light on ??

I cant do much until Saturday really ( dunno if your about or working), best thing is going to be to recover it back home to start with, have you got anything to do this or would you like me to bring a tow rope over ?

I'll drop a pm to you

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

tipidave1

Postby tipidave1 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:30 pm

No warning light only the stop light no click! although I can hear a slight buzz/ hum noise. which worries me a little 'cos if there is something in the wrong position, presumably no current would be flowing upon turning of the key.
The car was in park. I did try moving the gear selector arund to see if it made any difference, but I can't honestly remember whether or not I tried it in neutral or not. I will have another go tomorrow.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri May 28, 2010 7:01 am

We shall wait for another report Dave

ChrisB

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri May 28, 2010 7:55 am

Sounds like the proverbial 12v battery problems. If they dont go click then its normally the 12v battery thats duff. Check the voltage, if its below 12v then the battery is a problem. If you turn on the vehicle and the battery is still reading below 12v then you probably have a dc to dc problem . Genarally also caused by a failure of the 12v battery.

Grumpy-b

tipidave1

Postby tipidave1 » Mon May 31, 2010 4:24 pm

Update... looks like it is the throttle position that is not being logged correctly. If I fiddle with the throttle then it will start, or if I disconnect start and reconnect then no problem. Chris has kindly lent me a substitute throttle assembly. I'll fit when I can just to prove or otherwise. It may be that I will need a new potentiometer. It is marked made in UK and is numbered 14798 (part number? or date stamp?). I'll get searching :)

cianof

Postby cianof » Mon May 31, 2010 8:16 pm

Perhaps it's just some contacts that need to be cleaned? Never seen inside the unit, though.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:56 pm

cianof wrote:Perhaps it's just some contacts that need to be cleaned? Never seen inside the unit, though.

Trouble is the actual "Pot" seems to be ultra sonic welded and thus isnt easy to strip without drilling the spot welds out :?

Hopefully my spare Throttle assy. will prove if its a throttle pot error or something else ??

ChrisB

tim.strutt

Postby tim.strutt » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:10 pm

fyi, one of our vans started to play up and we went through the usual 12v, prnd trouble shooting, and even considered EVans comments about losing calibration - restoring it etc. I 've now found a 100% SUCCESSFUL workaround - for one van at least.

If on trying to start this one van we don't get the familiar and re-assuring Clunk, (and you've remembered to put it in P or N :lol: )
you place your right big toe under the accelerator and push the pedal UP, and turn the ignition - works every time on that van without the need to replace / rework anything :mrgreen: !

Surely worth a try with this one?

Cheers, Tim.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”